Abnormal readings

AdamW

Abnormal readings

Post by AdamW »

Hello all,

I changed my PowerPod from the supplied mount to a K-Edge Garmin/GoPro Combo mount. Rigid and strong. However, since I mounted it, I've been getting some abnormal readings. The first time, I did not do a new O&B, but the numbers weren't to far off from the previous placement. When I got the chance to do a new O&B, I adjusted the profile to reflect that I am using a front mount, changed tire pressures to reflect what I ride and also ensured that my ride position was accurate. I went out on a ride recently and when I was coasting or soft pedaling downhill, I was seeing readings at over 3000 watts, including an end of ride "new best 20 min power of 336 watts", which sadly, if I was running those numbers, I'd be racing in France at this time. lol

I've tried adjusting the angle of the mount, but nothing seems to be right. Today, I had set the PP to do a new O&B, I was able to do the calibration in a flat parking lot and no stops or speed bumps. The calibration went ok, took about 10-15 min or so, however once I got going on the ride, I noticed the when I was going downhill, pedaling between 80-90 rpm, above 20 mph, my readings indicated that I was only doing between 40-60 watts. Similar readings would populate when I was on the flats at similar cadence and speed. Only when I was on some gradual or longer hills did the readings seem accurate from previous rides before the mount change.

What am I missing? Is there a specific angle at which the PP should be mounted or positioned? The mount and the PP are solid with no movement. I like being able to use this tool to help me with my rides and future training, but the abnormal readings (probably my fault) are really bugging me.

Thank you for your help!