battery charge level?

wjwlitespeed

battery charge level?

Post by wjwlitespeed »

How do I check the charge level of the battery? I don't see that anywhere in the Isaac software. I have the BLE version so can I use an app to check it?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: battery charge level?

Post by Velocomp »

Attach your PP to your USB power adapter.

The red light will flash until the battery is fully charged. Then, the light will go out.

You'll have about 20 hours of riding with a fully charged battery.
John Hamann
BBQcyclist

Post by BBQcyclist »

Q/

1. Re. 20hrs. If I charge the Powerpod fully, then ride for 5 hrs over 2 days. Then don't ride for 10 days, bc of poor weather ... will there still be approx 15 hrs charge left on it ... when I go out riding on the 11th day - on a 10hr brevet?

Or will it have slowly discharged by then?

2. Basically ' what I'm asking is ... do you recommend recharging the Powerpod when it hasnt been used for 1, 2 3 wks or longer ' even if it was fully charged beforehand and only used for a couple of hours?

3. Is the PP battery user replaceable (at its end of rechargeable life) or does one send it in to the company...or does one have to dispose the old PP, and get a new PP?

Thanks John
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you leave power pod uncharged for over a week, I would recommend recharging it before going out on a new ride.

The battery should last for several years, and when it requires replacement, you'll send your unit to us for refurbishment.
John Hamann
wjwlitespeed

Post by wjwlitespeed »

I'm sorry but you didn't answer my question. So does that mean there is not a way to check the current state of charge of the battery? I was looking for a way to check the battery to determine if I need to remove the Powerpod from my bike to charge it or if I can leave there for another day's ride. Thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry, I did not mean to "skirt" the question.

At present PP does not transmit its battery charge level. So, there is no way to check its percentage of charge.

If you download daily there will be no issue; each time you download you'll recharge your battery sufficiently.

If you download only once every week or so, I would let PP fully recharge.
John Hamann
vtbalaji@hotmail.com

Post by vtbalaji@hotmail.com »

i had the same issue, i use once while. i charge fully and take for ride, do not see any power data on garmin. Question if the battery fully discharge do i have to do any setting again.

regards
balaji
alainlai

Post by alainlai »

Dear ppusers,

As in any electronic gadgets including powerpod it is best practice to charge before you go for a ride that will include your garmin, bryton etc head unit and rear or front lights. Most of these type of gadgets' battery cannot last more than 20 hours. Normally I just plug them in to my USB port extension to my desktop overnite before my ride in the mrng.

To charge your powerpod I would suggest to buy a 2-3 meter long USB cable (same as your non iphone charging cable) so that you dont have to remove your powerpod every time for charging. I got mine locally for USD10 for 3meter cable. you can buy online from Amazon provided they can ship to your location otherwise just get it from your local PC shops. You will see a blinking red light during charge, no light fully charge.

As far as I know your profile will not be deleted after powerpod battery depleted. Just recharge and go. Read the FAQs provided here http://www.powerpodsports.com/support/

If ever your powerpod reset just goto Isaac and send your saved profile to your device.

Hope this helps.

Rgds
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Good advice...

FYI: your profile is stored in non-volatile memory, so even if your PP battery is dead, your profile information will be retained.
John Hamann
nickbd

Post by nickbd »

Just wondering why the charge level can not be measured since this is pretty standard for bike accessories. Even having say the LED (eg using red color) blink say x times where x is from 1 to 10 to show the percent charge after pressing once to turn on would be helpful. I've found that if you don't press 5 times at the end of a ride to turn off rather than let go to sleep the battery will discharge after a few days I think because it is constantly transmitting from the BLE to form a connection and this drains the power.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It should turn off after 20 minutes of zero speed, but like you I click the button 5 times to turn my unit off manually.

We do show battery charge level in the Garmin details. It is a pain to get to that page so I just turn off my unit manually.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

When I am connected to Garmin Edge 1030, I see the PP but it says battery level unavailable. So I was surprised to see John posting that it was available in Garmin. Am I looking in the wrong place??

Thanks,

Jim
Attachments
IMG_4422.jpeg
IMG_4422.jpeg (144.56 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Garmin may have changed its reporting system. We only report fully/partly charged status only.

I have no idea what they are reporting for software version.
John Hamann