Replaced battery in GarminSpeedSensor, now PP won't connect

left_and_uphill

Replaced battery in GarminSpeedSensor, now PP won't connect

Post by left_and_uphill »

Hi guys...

OK my powerpod was working well for several weeks, but noticed on a ride today that my Garmin Speed Sensor battery needed replacing.. So i replaced it at home, and connected the new sensor to my Garmin.
I turned the pedals to activate my cadence .. no problem and both connected fine.

I hit the button on the PP , but it flashed green for a while then went blank.
Same thing happens everytime i attempt it.

I tried to 'find' the PP via the garmin meny again, but no joy..
I tried holding button down for 10-20 secs on the PP , but it just flashes green and then goes blank..

thoughts...?
it's a bit of a pain in the rear to have to take it off the bike, plug it into ISAAC and reset isn't it? surely i should be able to get it going again without that hassle?
comments and thoughts appreciated.. I couldn't find a similar issue on the board using search, so apologies if this is common.

thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Replaced battery in GarminSpeedSensor, now PP won't conn

Post by Velocomp »

Confirm that your sensor is working by spinning the pedals and visibly observing that speed and cadence are shown on your Garmin.

When you've confirmed that it is working, press-hold the PP button for 4 seconds, until it starts flashing. It should change to solid green when paired.

If this does not work then install the battery of your sensor backwards for a moment to reset it, then repeat the above steps.
John Hamann
left_and_uphill

Re: Replaced battery in GarminSpeedSensor, now PP won't conn

Post by left_and_uphill »

thanks...
seems to have done the trick following your post
(i reset the garmin sensor by installing the battery backwards, resetting and putting battery back in correctly)..

just need to re-calibrate now as it's a yellow light ..

thank-you for your help :)