Powepod 2nd Profile for MTB

steff2007

Powepod 2nd Profile for MTB

Post by steff2007 »

HI,
Can you tell me how i can create a second Profile for my mtb for the Powerpod? I' m useing a Garmin 810
Thanks,
Jolanda
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powepod 2nd Profile for MTB

Post by Velocomp »

Funny you should ask...we just answered this question yesterday for another customer! Here is the answer:

PowerPod is shipped with profile 1 active. Thus all information from your initial setup, including sensors and calibration, is stored in profile 1.

If you want to use PowerPod with more than profile here is how to do it. You will need to have Isaac software installed on your computer, and you will need to connect your PowerPod to Isaac.

Setup

1) Set up bike number 1 completely, including PowerPod sensor pairing and calibration (5 minute ride). After all setup is complete, then whenever you wake up your PowerPod from sleep, it will flash green until it finds the sensors for bike 1, after which it will turn solid green.

2) Connect your PowerPod to Isaac. Using Isaac, use the command "Device/Set Active Profile in Newton…"
Device-Set Active.png
Device-Set Active.png (111.11 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
3) A popup window will appear, and the blue radio button will be set to profile 1, indicating that profile 1 is the active profile (NOTE: THE NAMES OF THE PROFILES IN YOUR WINDOW WILL BE DIFFERENT):
Profile Selection.png
Profile Selection.png (56.59 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
4) Click the radio button for profile 2:
Select Profile 2.png
Select Profile 2.png (56 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
5) Click the “Send to Newton” button at the bottom of this window. You will get a confirmation message:
Newton Settings Sent.png
Newton Settings Sent.png (11.15 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
6) PowerPod is now ready to be set up for bike #2.

7) Make sure that bike #1 is 100 feet away from bike #2 (you don’t want to pick up the sensors from bike #1).

8) Wake up the sensors on bike #2, then pair PowerPod to bike #2 (press-hold button for 4 seconds).

9) Pair Garmin to bike #2 (both bike #2 sensors and PowerPod).

10) Do 5 minute ride with PowerPod on bike #2

YOU NOW HAVE BIKE #1 STORED IN PROFILE #1, AND BIKE #2 STORED IN PROFILE #2. POWERPOD HAS PROFILE #2 SET AS THE ACTIVE PROFILE.

11) You can repeat the above steps for two more profiles, using profile #3 and #4.

USING POWERPOD ON YOUR DAILY RIDES

PowerPod will figure out automatically which bike you’re riding.

Before using the Automatic Profile Selection feature make sure that:

1) Your PowerPod has to be asleep for 20 minutes. “Asleep” means that the active speed sensor has not been awake for 20 minutes

2) Make sure that ONLY the speed sensor of the active bike is awakened.

After both 1) and 2) are true, do the following:

1) wake up the sensor of the bike you want to use

2) click the PowerPod button. It will flash until it selects the profile of your active bike. Then, it will become solid green.
John Hamann