Some problems

NecWarn

Some problems

Post by NecWarn »

The powerpod is placed on a handlebar mount

Watts are very low. The difference between Isaac and Strava is 50 watts and the difference between my garmin edge 500 in average watt tab and strava is 80 watts.

I also have at the beginning of the bike ride a peak in 12 % where as I am on the flat.

I have gsc-10 but I have the impression that it works well at the moment but maybe that that's it caused the problem

I tampered nothing with options except for the weight

According to the file which I put as attachment, my average is 147 watts, strava estimates it in 153 watts according to the powerpod and for those who drove with me they are more than 205 watts.

My big trouble is thus that watts are really too low and not reliable

And i would to know why the height is false and why I am under the water while not on strava

To conclude, the powerpod does not move on the support. I can certify him to you, I changed the nut and it does not move even with holes on the road
Attachments
iBike_02_16_2016_1324_99_km.ibr
(560.77 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Some problems

Post by Velocomp »

PowerPod needs to be in exactly the same position as the previous ride. If it is not it will take about 8 minutes to recalibrate. This is what happened at the beginning of your ride. I split off the first part of your ride with the command below.

It looks like you were riding in a group for most of the ride. Is this correct? It looks like, near the end of the ride, you were riding solo.

Your speed sensor is working just fine.

PowerPod measures barometric pressure, from which elevation is determined. The pressure is accurate but the inferred elevation depends on the weather. You can change the absolute elevation with the command below.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.38.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.38.58 PM.png (236.96 KiB) Viewed 8002 times
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.37.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.37.10 PM.png (43.58 KiB) Viewed 8002 times
PowerPod_Corr_02_16_2016_1329_97_km.ibr
(555.08 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

You are right, I was riding in a group but in your opinion it is normal that there is a gap so enourmous of 50 watts between me with the powerpod and those who have the strava estimation for example ?
In fact, when I'm in the pack, the values seem, on my garmin, to lower me they should be and they are lower than on isaac and strava

But I always find that the the values are so low but maybe that I am made ideas. It is especially that I see low values on my meter which are 10 watts lower. To be able to make an analysis of my bike ride, it is good but to be able to have rather reliable data during the bike ride, to work, it is better ! I am dynamic for the device power smoothing. I would like to put it myself 0s but that gave me 0 watts after the calibration efore. Do you think that I have to change ?

Maybe I have a parameter to be changed when I edit my profile which would falsify the data and would make them more low.

For the beginning of the bike ride, I do not see how the powerpod was able to change place simply because he cannot move on his support.

I would like to know how i could see my heart rate because I have the heart rate chest.
And what is the difference between average power and normal power because I have a gap of 30 watts ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You've now discovered one of the key flaws of Strava. They have no clue if you are riding in a group or riding into a 30KM headwind. They assume there is no headwind or tail wind.

If you're riding in a group Strava will be high. A 50 watt difference is not at all surprising, and Strava is WRONG.

Your PowerPod is producing very reliable data.

Since you are downloading rides, you likely are removing PP from your mount. If you are that would cause the change at the beginning of the ride.

You should be able to pair your HR strap to your PP.

Please read the appendices to the Newton instructions, to learn about Normalized Power.
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

OK thank you for informations

I knew very well that the strava data were a rough estimation but I did not so much in spite of wind

A last thing: I always have a gap between the values collected by my garmin and those present on isaac : Why ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I don't understand the question.
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

I answer only now because I wanted to verify if I had not made error in the settings. But there are two things which I do not understand. First, it was my previous question. Why did I notice a 10w gap between my garmin edge 500 and isaac at the level of the average power.

The second thing and it is the one which disturbs me most. I manage to ride with the watts only if I made a calibration at the beginning of the bike ride. Thus if I make a bike ride without making of calibration, either watts rise non-stop and in a regular way (150, 300, 1000, 1500w, etc.), or I have 0 watts. You maybe go to ask me how watts were later 8mn. I cannot tell it to you because I stopped every time watts when that had bugs. I did not want that the figures of my bike ride are falsified by this bug. I can add that it does not rotate. What do you think of it ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a ride file that illustrates your problem.
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

For the 10 watt gap, I noticed it on the bike ride which is as attachment previously. I put as attachment my garmin connect's screen shot of the same bike ride

For the second problem I cannot give you of documents. As I told it to you, I do not register(record) the beginning of my exit(release) when the powerpod has bugs. I puts even on my garmin that I have no sensor of power to avoid being 0 watts of average power on all the exit(release) or watts superior to 1000.
Attachments
Average power.png
Average power.png (26.14 KiB) Viewed 7847 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Are you comparing your Garmin Connect measurement of watts to your Garmin bike computer of watts?
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

It is actually the same. there are the same measurements between my garmin connect and my garmin computer.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

OK, I think you are saying you are seeing a 10W gap between two entities that are reporting watts.

The question is: what are the two things from which you are seeing the difference?
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

The problem is that there is a gap between the present values on my garmin computer (whether it is for power while I pedal or the average power) and the software isaac. On the file isaac, I am in 140w of average power while on my garmin computer at the end of my bike ride I was in 132w as you can see it on my screen shot. When I look attentively at the data of the issac software and when I think again about the values that I had during the bike ride, I noticed a gap on my garmin computer. The power, which I saw on my garmin computer, was thus lower during the effort than what it should be if I follow the data of the software isaac.

But you did not answer my other question which is much more problematic for me. Indeed, I manage to work, correctly, the powerpod during a bike ride only if I made a calibration at the beginning of the ride. The next day, if I leave without making a calibration again, the data are false as I was able to explain it previously. As I specified it in my previous messages I have the sensor of speed and cadence GSC-10 and I notice a latent period to post the data on my garmin computer. Has it an impact on the powerpod ? Is it the reason why I do not manage to put the device power smoothing 0s without having a false power? I ask you that because i do not understand why between two bike rides it could be a problem. The powerpod cannot rotate. i do not change it between two bikes. I really would like to have no problem and you leave alone :D
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

OK, if you are using Isaac and comparing it to your Garmin Connect then please post the .ibr file where you are seeing the difference.

Set your Garmin to the shortest averaging period possible (3 seconds I think) and you will have more immediate response. Your Garmin is delaying the values reported by PowerPod. If you have your Garmin settings too long then there will be a latency.

If you did not remove your PowerPod from your bike (for example, to download ride files), and you did not put your bike on a mechanic's stand for maintenance, then PowerPod will work the same from the start of the ride. If you reattached it or otherwise changed its internal settings, for the first 8 minutes of each bike ride your PowerPod will update its calibration.

When I see your ride file I will be able to tell if you are having calibration issues.
John Hamann
NecWarn

Post by NecWarn »

ok I changed the speed of recording of data. I hope it was it the problem. I will ride a little bit. And I post my bike files if I have a problem
Thank you