computer not recognising powerpod via usb

dbecky

computer not recognising powerpod via usb

Post by dbecky »

Have had my powerpod for a week or so now and had no troubles setting up and getting it going. The numbers it spits out look to be on a par with my riding mates, although the roads in rural Western Australia are pretty rough and the power figure tends to jump around a bit. Have noticed that fast downhills seem to flummox it a bit. I am using a Trek duotrap cadence/speed and that seems to work fine.

The issue I've encountered is that after downloading Isaac and wanting to change some of the basic settings, I can't get the computer to recognise the powerpod when it's plugged in. Have tried a couple of the usual computer fixes but to no avail? Has anyone else encountered this on Windows 8? Know of a fix?

(Just as an aside, I also tried on my surface pro tablet. That's a no-go as the Isaac software won't work on that - I did expect that though because there are a few other things that don't run on those tablets)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: computer not recognising powerpod via usb

Post by Velocomp »

Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for assistance with Isaac installation.

Good to hear the DuoTrap sensor is working well for you!
John Hamann
Musiker

Post by Musiker »

I have been using a surface 3 with win 10 - Spec wise (4GB model). its a bit slow for Isaac, but everything works.
Glenn Belt

Post by Glenn Belt »

I'm sure iBike will get you sorted but I had the same problem when I first got my Powerpod. After a bit of messing around it it turned out that the silicon labs driver included in the ISAAC software didn't work - possibly because it was designed for 32bit computers and not 64bit, when I downloaded the 64bit driver it worked perfectly first time.
dbecky

Post by dbecky »

thinking the usb slot might not be working. Tried it on my mate's - his worked straight up. got a hint of life with a bit of wiggling the plug around and then nothing...