Importance of profile selection?

Musiker

Importance of profile selection?

Post by Musiker »

Hi,
I was just reading that I should use Profile 1 for handlbar and profile 2 for combo mount..
1) I deleted the profile for combo mount and created a new one using "setup newton" where I selected handlebar - Will that be just as good?
2) If not what about my other bike where I will put the combo mount on (How can I re-create the combo mount profile that I deleted?)

If the adjustments to the two profiles are simple, then Maybe I can just add them manually?
I notice windscaling is 1.240 for the bike I have not yet ridden (and which is based on the original profile one as far as I remember)
On the profile I created using setup newton the windscaling is 1.500

Ohh and on an unrelated note.. I can't seem to figure out how I pair ,y Heart rate monitor? Thought I just clicked the green button and it would pair when I put on the monitor, but it does not change to the light green? Should I put on the heart rate monitor while the pod is conneted to the PC for it to work?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Importance of profile selection?

Post by Velocomp »

1) If you're using a handlebar mount, use a wind scaling of 1.4. That is the best number for PowerPod.

2) You need to pair all your sensors simultaneously. So, put on your HR strap, spin your bike wheel, then pair the PowerPod by press-holding the button for about 4 seconds, until it flashes green.
John Hamann
Musiker

Post by Musiker »

Thanks,
One more question if you don't mind, what would the correct value be for when I use the combo mount on my other bike?

BR
Henrik
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Musiker wrote:Thanks,
One more question if you don't mind, what would the correct value be for when I use the combo mount on my other bike?

BR
Henrik
1.70 is the amount I would use
John Hamann