Handlebar mount

Musiker

Handlebar mount

Post by Musiker »

Hi all,
Just received my PowerPod and the combo mount.
I realized two things after getting it with regards tot the fact that I will need to move the Pod between my bikes (And when using it on my winter bike remove it after use, because it is parked in a bike room where several people have access).
1) It seems that just taking the mount off everytime is a bad idea (because of the tilt)?
2) The Powerpod is a very tight fit into my combo mount (hard to get the bolt through and tightened) .
With these realizations I wanted to order a standard handle bar mount for the winter bike, but the shipping is $50 which is pretty insane... So I wonder if there are any shops in europe selling compatible mounts? Or maybe even an European shop with the same mounts?

BR
Henrik
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Handlebar mount

Post by Velocomp »

Henrik:

It's part of the design for your PowerPod to be a bit tight when you first attach it. You'll find that it loosens up perfectly after being used a few times.

As long as you follow the instructions (rotate your PP forward, then tighten it with the bolt so it can't rotate) you should be fine with moving it.

Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com regarding shipping. For such a small item we can get a lower shipping cost.
John Hamann
Musiker

Post by Musiker »

Thanks for the swift reply!
Just did my first two rides (comuting and included some city riding) today and I must say I am pretty impressed with boht how well the power displayed on the Edge 500 tracked my perceived effort and the amount of data that is available in Isaac (I added the powerstroke option). I also think the rides today matched what I expected, both in terms of power displayed on my Edge 500 and what I can see in the files at home..
Need to do more riding before I can pass a final judgement, but I think I will be satisfied..
Sound good with a cheaper shipping option, was pretty stoked that it would cost $50 for such a small item..
I'll mail you guys
Br
Henrik
Musiker

Post by Musiker »

I found a compatible mount in the window of a local shop:
http://getgadget.dk/vare?catalogue_sele ... 445#638220 - I paid 99 DDK for it (Aaround USD 14,5 I think).. So Much cheaper than getting one shipped from the US (regardless of how cheap shipping would be)..

I just mounted the Powerpod and it fits just as well as the original "out-front" mount I got with my pledge..
So This cheap one goes on my rain bike :)

BR
Henrik
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Musiker wrote:I found a compatible mount in the window of a local shop:
http://getgadget.dk/vare?catalogue_sele ... 445#638220 - I paid 99 DDK for it (Aaround USD 14,5 I think).. So Much cheaper than getting one shipped from the US (regardless of how cheap shipping would be)..

I just mounted the Powerpod and it fits just as well as the original "out-front" mount I got with my pledge..
So This cheap one goes on my rain bike :)

BR
Henrik
Looks good!
John Hamann