Top 5 things I should do in Isaac...?

Glenn Belt

Top 5 things I should do in Isaac...?

Post by Glenn Belt »

Right, I've just got Isaac working with my Powerpod and very comprehensive it it too. So for someone who hasn't used power for training etc before what are the first few things I should be doing with it?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Top 5 things I should do in Isaac...?

Post by Velocomp »

That's a big question!

1) Learn how to use Isaac to look at your PowerPod rides. You'll find useful things such as wind speed and hill slope.

2) If you ride in groups, Isaac will show you where you draft and where you pull (when you draft there is a consistent and distinctive tail wind)

3) If you do an out-and-back ride, then you can use the "Analyze/Check Calibration..." feature to fine-tune your PowerPod wind sensor

4) Similarly, you can use the "Device/Set Up Newton..." feature to fine-tune your rider and bike weight

5) If you've purchased the optional PowerStroke feature, then Isaac will give you PowerPod's measurements of your wasted watts, motion, and time.

There is a lot you can do, so make sure to consult the Help menu of Isaac, where detailed instructions are available.
John Hamann
Russ

Re: Top 5 things I should do in Isaac...?

Post by Russ »

RE John's answer #2, I think the bit is flipped (happens to me a lot) while drafting you should see the tail wind. While pulling you should see the current actual wind more closely (based on my Newton experience, I have no powerpod).

EDITOR'S NOTE: FOLLOWING RUSS' REPLY, THE ORIGINAL POST WAS EDITED TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE OBSERVED BY RUSS. RUSS IS CORRECT: WHEN DRAFTING THERE IS A CONSISTENT TAIL WIND...

Also I would rate observing power on some device such as a Garmin during the ride to be quite high.

Merry Christmas all!
Russ