Setting up my 2nd powerpod for gravel riding

Glenn Belt 2

Setting up my 2nd powerpod for gravel riding

Post by Glenn Belt 2 »

I've just bought my second Powerpod to have one set up on my road bike and the new one on the gravel bike. During the initial setup the tire selection wasn't suitable (I'm running 700x43) and the road options don't go further than chipped asphalt or whatever it's called.

If I set up the Powerpod as close as possible and do an out and back ride would this effectively calibrate the Powerpod for the tires and mixed surfaces?
Glenn Belt 2

Re: Setting up my 2nd powerpod for gravel riding

Post by Glenn Belt 2 »

Oh, and if I buy the powerstroke upgrade does this apply to both devices or just one?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Glenn Belt 2 wrote:I've just bought my second Powerpod to have one set up on my road bike and the new one on the gravel bike. During the initial setup the tire selection wasn't suitable (I'm running 700x43) and the road options don't go further than chipped asphalt or whatever it's called.

If I set up the Powerpod as close as possible and do an out and back ride would this effectively calibrate the Powerpod for the tires and mixed surfaces?
Yes. You can manually enter the circumference of your tires if the tire size is not listed.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Glenn Belt 2 wrote:Oh, and if I buy the powerstroke upgrade does this apply to both devices or just one?
PowerStroke unlock key is customized to each serial number.

If you have two PP, email us and we will give you a discount for 2 keys.

jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann
Glenn Belt 2

Post by Glenn Belt 2 »

Great, thanks for the quick response. Does it matter if the out and back calibration ride is done on gravel or can id do it on tarmac and Powerpod will it automatically know when it's on gravel and adjust the numbers accordingly?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Glenn Belt 2 wrote:Great, thanks for the quick response. Does it matter if the out and back calibration ride is done on gravel or can id do it on tarmac and Powerpod will it automatically know when it's on gravel and adjust the numbers accordingly?
Cal ride can be done on normal road. Dynamic Coefficient of Rolling Resistance (DCRR) will figure out when you are riding on gravel.
John Hamann