Rain problem? Full Ironman

kdx200

Rain problem? Full Ironman

Post by kdx200 »

John,

last weekend ive been at IM Brasil.
The full 226kmts was with mid to heavy rain.
In the bike leg the idea was to mantain a 170-180w... the rain was heavy and was near impossible to mantain (dangeours curves with LAKES of water, pelotons, etc)...
all was going "ok" and suddenly (i think about the km 100) the power went weird... went to 50, 80, 50... full effort and 140w...
i continued riding and tried to did my race ..it was VERY uncofortable, wind, sometimes cold, the power was unredeable and stopped and blow the sensor (thinking in water obstructing the port). Nothing new happen.
Continue my rainy ride and try to "reset" de PP. The Lights blinked green/red and no power at the screen. Suddenly showed some numbers and then went to 0w and stayed there. Try to reset (4 sec, 10 sec 20 sec) and nothing happend.
Iam attaching the "first" file with the first 130kmts. The others are with scrap data. Also its strange that the big file (130kmt) has NO powerstroke data. The others has the pedaling data "ok"

Please, can you tell me what was happening?

thank you very much!
Attachments
iBike_05_28_2017_0846_131_km_HiDef.ibr
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
kdx200

Re: Rain problem? Full Ironman

Post by kdx200 »

any ideas?

thank you!!!
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Alooo... someone there?

Thank you!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Looks like rain finally bit you around the 100 KM mark. Both your wind port and elevation port became clogged; this must have been a bad rain!

When these ports become clogged with rain they won't function properly.

Once your PP dries out it will be fine.

It is a bad idea to try to reset things during a race. Sometimes it is best just to leave things alone...

You have no PowerStroke data because you have no cadence data. Why this is I do not know; you have a cadence sensor ID in your profile.
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

Yes it was very awful.
I tried blowing the port and nothing happend so in the middle of a race in this condition i decided to reset it. Very unconfortable situation....

Thank you!
oxenhoper

Post by oxenhoper »

I had a timetrial recently in similar conditions and the powerpod was working fine until around 50K out of 80K then figures went wonky ... i put it down to the amount of water coming off the front wheel entering the port. Once dried out it was working back to normal.
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

If you move the pp the it must recalibrate... Did you notice.?
oxenhoper

Post by oxenhoper »

I've never moved mine so i haven't noticed... because it was really freak weather and never had any issues before just put it down to experience.

Like i said the next TT i did the figures were back to where they should be.