wind effect, low power, weak legs, tired body?

kdx200

wind effect, low power, weak legs, tired body?

Post by kdx200 »

Hi John,
I need some help or advice from people like you, please.
data for you to check if all parameters are ok: 175cmts height, P3 bike 10kg, me 70kg, aero position in the fast zone, hood in the street section (whole round circuit about 4,9kmts). maybe its 70% fast and 30% street. TT velocomp combo mount.
wind: yes (dont know direction, but from little to more wind)

I read and re read and (try) analize the bike ride.
Today was impossible to maintain 200+ watts. My FTP is about 260-270 and i can maitain 200 for 90mins.
It was windy (dont know in numbers) and i realized in the fast zone as the speed was in the 40kmh+ range (usually 36-38kmh). The power in this zone was about 190-210w and think thats ok. I think here the wind was helping me for the speed and not for the power. Tell me if iam ok in this.

Second section (its a fast street, but street, so i must go on hoods here).
If the wind was helping me in the fast zone, here the wind "must" be opposite and a headwind. I DONT KNOW this and dont know how to check it, but this section is the opposite way to the fast zone.
Here i was slow and do an effort to maintain speed but never power reach 200w (even 180-190w).
I cant understand this section, i cant understand the feeling in my legs/heart and so "low" power.

I did a wind speed effort in isacc and ALWAYS (the entire lap/s) the effort speed is less than wind. SO i understood that i has ALWAYS (first AND second zone) a taildwind helping me?
Im getting mad about this (my big "problem" is undestanding this second section . also dont know if aim correct in the first one). Also iam assuming that my setup is correct as some weeks ago you checked it)

thank you very much!
ale
Attachments
iBike_02_28_2017_0723_48_km.ibr
(270.18 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
kdx200

Re: wind effect, low power, weak legs, tired body?

Post by kdx200 »

please,
any help?

thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your wind readings are incorrect, causing low watts.

Please post an image of your PP mounted on your bike. Is it possible your wind sensor is located near cables or some other obstruction?
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

strange... i did not touch the PP since the first time you told "its ok".

get a look.

thanks!!!
Attachments
pp3.jpg
pp3.jpg (144.11 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
pp4.jpg
pp4.jpg (148.55 KiB) Viewed 2268 times