Wind speed output

Osman Isvan

Wind speed output

Post by Osman Isvan »

I would like PowerPod to display wind speed in one of the data fields on my Garmin 800 bike computer.
If Garmin doesn't accept wind data from a power meter, one of the unused data types from the power category could be used (power balance, for example).
Morocco Mole

Re: Wind speed output

Post by Morocco Mole »

+1, great idea, I was thinking the same thing. Power balance could work as 50/50 would be considered neutral and then use a scale 50-100 right side as headwind and 50-100 left side as tailwind. You just ignore any number below 50 but very easy at a glance to see if wind was having a negative or positive affect, 0-50 range should be more than enough.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ANT+ data fields are more complicated and more bureaucratic than it seems.
John Hamann
Osman Isvan

Post by Osman Isvan »

Velocomp wrote:ANT+ data fields are more complicated and more bureaucratic than it seems.
But neither the head unit nor the FIT file must acknowledge that the data stream is wind speed (since Isaac knows it we are all set). The need is only for real time display while riding. ANT+ has profiles for things like oxygen and blood pressure. I am suggesting this workaround only for the interim period until ANT+ acquires new data fields dedicated to wind speed and wind yaw. For example, PowerPod showing the progress of a calibration ride on the Garmin display is very clever.
brock

Post by brock »

This could be done with connectiq.
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

is it a connect iq app for that? i searched and no "velocomp" or similar app/field for the powerpod.

thanks!