Firmware 6.21: Optional Calibration Ride

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Firmware 6.21: Optional Calibration Ride

Post by Velocomp »

An important new feature of FW 6.21 is the addition of an OPTIONAL out-and-back calibration ride.

For those of you who want to fine-tune your PowerPod for best performance, this is now an easy thing to do. The attached instructions describe how to set up and perform the O&B ride.

If you're happy with your PP results, or if you've already done a similar calibration through alternative means, then there is NO NEED to do the optional O&B ride.
Attachments
O&Binstructions020217_red.pdf
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 1070 times
John Hamann
Sergioperi

Re: Firmware 6.21: Optional Calibration Ride

Post by Sergioperi »

Good day John,

Today in my 45km ride, I think I was having problems with sync between PP and my garmin. But Now reading this, It was the cal O&B ride.

How can I do this new O&B cal ride again? I was riding for an hour with "50wtt in my garmin field" and when I went back It get 100wtt, but I don't know if It's ok. I have charge my last profile .ibp and Wtt average change about 5wtt, but the stats are the same except aero=346 vs 357.

Do I have to recalibrate, or use new/last profile?

Regards.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Use the attached trouble shooting guide...
Attachments
PowerPod O&B Calbration Procedure012617.pdf
(469.06 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Hi,

Just trying to get a better understanding. What does this check calibration ride do? Should I redo the calibration if there is ever any move to the mount?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The OPTIONAL out-and-back calibration provides the highest level of calibration for your PowerPod. It takes a bit more time than the "out of box" calibration procedure, and it requires a bit more set up steps.

If you want to dial-in your PowerPod for max accuracy, the out-and-back is the best way to do it. If you're not worried about absolute accuracy, then the O&B is not something you need to do.
John Hamann
Myhooose

Post by Myhooose »

Hi, I am still getting to grips with Powerpod. On the out and back ride, does it matter if there are any stops for junctions etc, and does each segment have to be roughly in the same direction?

Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hopefully the instructions answer both questions:

1) You can stop if necessary

2) You ride back on the same roads where you rode out.
Attachments
PowerPod O&B Calbration Procedure020517.pdf
(471.03 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

John, ive been reading all post and cant find this:

when doing the calibration says that speed is not important.... and how about the position? ive a TT bike. Should i go in the hoods or in aero position?

thank you!
ale
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, you should do the O&B ride in your normal position which, for you, is your TT position.
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

A query

The calibration ride for highest accuracy after 6.21 firmware update has to be done after loading the already dialled in profile or on a new profile?

Drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you've already done a cal ride, and otherwise optimized your settings in Isaac, then an additional cal ride is not necessary.

This feature is intended as a convenience to users who have "just" done a typical cal ride.

If you have been a frequent visitor to this forum and you have already received individual advice from us, then this new procedure won't really add any new value :-)
John Hamann