Second bike MTB - GSC10. Possible?

kdx200

Second bike MTB - GSC10. Possible?

Post by kdx200 »

Hi John!
iam very happy with the PP being used in my P3 TT bike.

Also i have a Trek 9.9 MTB with the garmin sensor gsc10 (combo speed+cadence) and try to link to the PP. (i know the gsc10 is not realiable, but also try)
Push the 4sec in the PP and the the light go full green.
Went to do a ride and have fun ....
Then i remember that a cal ride must be done but forget and only go pedaling.... suddleny i saw a red (in fact orange) blinking... and then nothing.... sometimes blinking and then nothing... i think it was not paired or something like this.
I made a 15kilometer ride and downloaded the data.... 2 files!!! and about 2 kilometer each.
When downloaded the files a chart "new IDs sensors detected...do you like to add to profile P3 bike" i said NO.... am i ok? the idea is to get "bike 2" profile!

thank you very much for your patience and help!
ale
Attachments
iBike_02_08_2017_1819_2_km.ibr
(41.15 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
iBike_02_08_2017_1915_1_km.ibr
(26.23 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Second bike MTB - GSC10. Possible?

Post by Velocomp »

Sadly, your GSC-10 is not sending a reliable signal to PP (your ride files show lots of spikes).

The flashing yellow means that you're doing a cal ride with the Garmin sensor. But because its signal is weak, the cal ride is terminating, then restarting.

Also, you paired your PP to your MTB, without switching profiles from your TT bike. Isaac detects this and is asking you if you want to override the wireless IDs of your TT bike profile with your new MTB sensors. The answer is "No".

Here is what to do:

1) Put your PP back on your TT bike

2) Move your TT bike 100 feet from your MTB bike, then do a sensor scan. This will restore the correct wireless IDs to your your TT bike

3) Purchase some magnet-less sensors for your MTB

4) Use Isaac to switch profiles between profile 1 (your TT bike) and a new profile (Profile 2 is fine) for your MTB

5) Move your MTB bike 100 feet away from your TT bike. Now, do a sensor scan. Your MTB wireless sensors will be associated with profile 2

6) Do a cal ride with your MTB (make sure to lock-up the suspension when doing the cal ride).

Now, you will have profile 1 for your TT bike and profile 2 for your MTB
John Hamann
kdx200

Post by kdx200 »

thank you John!
its a pitty to leave a gsc10 that its working "perfect".

thanks again
ale
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, we feel bad about this too.

The GSC-10 has been around for many years, and no doubt but that they have been changed in design through the years.

Why some work perfectly and some don't work well is a mystery to us as well.
John Hamann