Dynamic Power Smoothing

robk

Dynamic Power Smoothing

Post by robk »

Just got my Newton and it has been supplying accurate data. My only issue is Dynamic Power Smoothing which isn't working correctly. It works great for the first 15 minutes of my ride and then starts freezing on the average power( not sure if it is avg power but it always looks close to my avg) for the ride. It will still work if I surge above the average power but will freeze again once the power drops below the average power for the ride.

My Garmin Edge is still displaying the correct power data sent from the Newton while the Newton's DPS is frozen (the bullseye always appears). I've attached a file and after 30 minutes it was almost useless. I would have to surge hard and not drop watts for it to work. Have my Garmin that is reading the power data so no rush but would like to take advantage of DPS.

Thanks,
Robert
Attachments
iBike_09_28_2014_1710_16_Miles.csv
(396.25 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Dynamic Power Smoothing

Post by Velocomp »

Please post your .ibr file, not the csv file.
John Hamann
robk

Re: Dynamic Power Smoothing

Post by robk »

Figured it out and now it's working perfect. I turned "Auto" off and "UUU" off in setup. Not sure what these setting do nor which one resolved the issues with DPS. All good now! Thanks for the quick reply.
Robert