Newton Tracker not working on new Isaac install

blp

Newton Tracker not working on new Isaac install

Post by blp »

I installed Isaac on another computer, went through all the plug-in and support installations and downloaded a ride file.

I have Newton Tracker unlocked on the Newton, and NT on my iPhone. I started and stopped the ride. (There is a slight issue with this as well, see below. Related?)

When I click on the GPS button , I am advised that "no GPS data in ride file", and to "get Newton Tracker."

I doubled checked, and NT is indeed unlocked.

Here is my situation...

I set NT settings on the phone to GPS Power Saving Auto Pause=On

I had to wait a while for the team,I was early, and when I got back on my bike, the Newton was off, not unusual. At the end of the ride, I stopped the ride in NT and uploaded to Isaac cloud.

On the post ride screen, it shows a ride elapsed time of 4h:05'36", correct. Distance 11.9 Km, wrong. That was the distance to the meet up place. Ave speed 21.9 km/h. Not sure what data was used for that result!

The full ride, as seen in Isaac was 3h12'04"' moving time, distance 90.5 km, ave speed 28.3 km/h. All seems OK here. But, the ride GPS data is nowhere to be found, and seems, on the face of it, lost.

I Isaac not seeing the truncated GPS file not matchinng the ride file? Why did NT stop recording GPS data, but seems to have kept elapsed time? I don't like including pauses in the ride data because it skews the moving data.

Also, the ride file name is in miles. The Newton is set to metric. How? Why? How do I change this.

Wuz Up?
Attachments
iBike_03_07_2015_0731_56_Miles.ibr
Why is the file data US and not metric (file name is in miles)
(899.12 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by blp on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blp

Re: Newton Tracker not working on new Isaac install

Post by blp »

An addendum:

I managed to upload GPS files, time was adjusted. However, the ride file name, 03_07_2015_1731_90 (now it is is km when I re-uploaded the ride file) and the ride date in the data box on left are different. The date in the data box on left is 02_28_2016 7:201AM.

Clearly something is out-of-whack here.

Too bad, because I know I did several PB and won't be able to brag on Strava!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

On the ride file you attached, both the file date and the stats date show 3/7/15.

To change the units to metric, use the "metric" selection in the top right menu of the main window of Isaac.

If you have installed Isaac on a new computer, then you have to log in to Newton Tracker on your new version of Isaac. Go to "Device/Newton LogIn-Register".

After doing this, go to "Device/Newton Tracker Get GPS data..." You should be able to receive your data.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.28.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.28.23 AM.png (234.94 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.29.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.29.00 AM.png (254.52 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
John Hamann
blp

Post by blp »

Thanks,I did finally realize I had to sync NT with the new copy of Isaac.

What didn't work was NT. The ride was approx. 90km over 3h12' of moving time. However, NT only recorded the first leg. I was stationary for about 30 minutes.

Does NT stop recording after a certain amount of non-movement? I have auto pause turned on. The file on my phone shows distance of 11.9 km over 4h05' and an average speed of 21.9 km/h. Clearly, these numbers don't add up.

When I import the GPS file from NT, Isaac wants to change the date to 2/28/15 instead of 3/7/15.

File with GPS attached.
Attachments
iBike_03_07_2015_0731_90_km.ibr
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
blp

Post by blp »

I think I just got it.

In auto-pause NT does what I ask - pauses recording. I know realize that NT will not start recording again when GPS movement is detected, I have to pull out my phone and "start" again to resume recording.

Is this correct?

Any way of implementing "Auto-resume?"
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The idea of auto-pause is to prevent your phone from draining its battery if you accidentally start NT, then forget to stop it.

Just leave the switch in the on position, do your ride, then make sure to end your ride in NT when your ride is over.
John Hamann