Windows Phone

jazclrint

Windows Phone

Post by jazclrint »

Any plans to make a tracker app for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1?
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Windows Phone

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry, no.
John Hamann
Russ

Post by Russ »

Hi jazxclrint,

If you can collect your gps track with some app on the phone, and further if you can export the file as tcx or one of the other importable formats...... then you can transfer that to the system that runs Isaac and import the file, all manual steps but it should work.

Russ
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Russ wrote:Hi jazxclrint,

If you can collect your gps track with some app on the phone, and further if you can export the file as tcx or one of the other importable formats...... then you can transfer that to the system that runs Isaac and import the file, all manual steps but it should work.

Russ
Great idea; that would work just fine!
John Hamann
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

Well, that's a bummer but if I can download gps data for free then that's a fair pay off. I use MapMyRide, and I am pretty sure I can export the .tcx file from there When I get my new Newton. It won't be right away but hopefully sooner rather than later. In the mean time my old iSport is keeping me entertained and informed.
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

This got me thinking and I started looking for other cycling apps as MMR on Windows Phone is a let down. So far I have found two that will upload straight to One Drive. I will test them out and give you other Windows Phone users my impressions. But if there are those ahead of me, please post your favorite apps and why. Thanks.
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

I have narrowed it down to three apps. CycloMeter I think has the most bells and whistles like it will show you your elevation profile post ride, it's ready to sync with Bluetooth sensors, and will upload to Strava, MMF, OneDrive, and one other. But you have to pay $3 each for that, so I didn't check how well it worked. It also taps into my Nokia maps which is nice. The one I have used the most is Cycle Tracks GPS. It will upload to OneDrive (free), Starva ($1.50), or Ride with GPS ($1). You can also download routes from Ride with GPS and get turn by turn audible instructions but that will cost you $10. But downloading offline maps is free. The last one is Hike and Bike. This one gives you the ability to upload or download .gpx files 10 times for free, and it doesn't care where the file came from. It's $1.50 for unlimited up or downloads. This one could be handier on the MTB. Its seems all of these will give audible updates, which I don't use. And they are intended to be looked at while riding. But as I plan on getting a Newton in the near future all I need is something that runs on my phone while it is in my back pocket. And uploading to Strava or MMR, or anything else for that matter, is a moot point as what I want is to load a .gpx file into Issac. One Drive makes that very easy (and fast I might add). I also like that everything is saved and can be left be until I get to them, process them in Issac, and then upload them into Strava or MMR; whichever.

I am basically a bit torn between the last two for my purposes. Hope that helped somebody.

I guess what would be really nice for Windows users is instead of iBike app saving the route to a cloud, if we could just be able to set Issac to automatically look for a file in our One Drive folder, and just ask the app developers to make it so the .gpx gets uploaded automatically. I'm sure we'd have to pay extra for being that lazy. ;)