Merging Newton Tracker to a truncated file

Lorraine

Merging Newton Tracker to a truncated file

Post by Lorraine »

Has anyone had an issue when they have removed a section of the file to match the Newton Tracker file?
I forgot to charge my iphone, so had minimal left for the last 12kms of my ride which was after a coffee stop, thus didn't record this section on my iphone.
I removed this bit from the file, but it won't combine the tracker data as I keep getting a message "This ride file is more recent than the latest Newton Tracker upload" I haven't been on the bike since this mornings ride, so it seems to be getting tangled with the fact I had another section in the ibike, despite removing it. I saved the file, went off to open another file and tried opening it again later, with the 'revised' file and attempted to merge the Newton Tracker data again, but it came up with the same message.

Thanks
Lorraine
jayt

Re: Merging Newton Tracker to a truncated file

Post by jayt »

The error messages are not very helpful so my experience is it is hard to know what has gone wrong. Are you sure that the file got up loaded from Newton Tracker on the iPhone? From the scenario that you gave I could imagine the file not being up loaded from the iPhone. That would give this error message. Just something to try.
Lorraine

Re: Merging Newton Tracker to a truncated file

Post by Lorraine »

File is definitely up there, (got it up before I realised the state of the iphone battery!) and when I deleted the last section of the ride I actually chopped off a fraction more than I should have,
so there shouldn't be any reference to the 'home' leg in the file.