Left Right power or Balance

duffsaw

Left Right power or Balance

Post by duffsaw »

Hi,
I've read some of the post on left right balance here, and the suggestions etc.

To simplify, as I haven't seen the question answered yet. Is left right alance something you will add to the power Pod? Will it be something I can update to my current power Pod? Until I had a power meter, left right I didn't seem important, but as a couple of injuries etc have come along, I'd really like to have this functionality.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Left Right power or Balance

Post by Velocomp »

If you've got an injury, then the PowerStroke function will be very helpful to you. PS will show the distribution of acceleration between your left and right leg. When one leg is weaker, it is very obvious.
John Hamann
duffsaw

Post by duffsaw »

Thanks for the reply John.
But does acceleration equal power? Does it follow, that because my right leg is showing closer dots, IE faster acceleration in the down-stroke, that its more powerful?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

PowerStroke does not work that way. There is an ideal amount of acceleration as you turn the crank, which is described by an oval green line.

PS shows your actual acceleration every 10 degrees; that is, the dots are uniformly placed around the oval. The position of the dots relative to the oval shows either positive (stronger) or negative (weaker) acceleration relative to the ideal. You'll be able to see how your weak/strong legs are contributing individually to your forward motion.

Yes, power is related to acceleration.
John Hamann
duffsaw

Post by duffsaw »

So, in relation to the positive/negative from the ideal part of your explanation, is positive, IE stronger, inside the green oval, or outside the oval?
So, in an extreme example, for explanation purposes; if my left leg was showing its dots inside the oval, and the right leg showed its dots outside the oval, which is the stronger leg?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Outside the oval is stronger; inside is weaker.
John Hamann
duffsaw

Post by duffsaw »

Hi John, thanks for the replies.
I've attached a typical and recent ride file. look at the powerstroke on it, and its also typical for me. as i use a crank only cadence sensor, would this be affecting it?
Attachments
iBike_08_20_2017_0803_78_km_HiDef.csv
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 351 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post the .ibr ride file
John Hamann
duffsaw

Post by duffsaw »