way to compare one leg to the other

ronpei

way to compare one leg to the other

Post by ronpei »

I have been looking at the sample file for power stroke and note you can pick the option show data with leg which shows just the down stroke aspect of the leg. What I think would be very helpful is if you could have a click box that allows the ability to overlay red/ right on blue/left. The way they differ should show the relative difference in your left right balance. Then I would imagine with a bit of mathematics you could do a similarity function ( I have seen these in curve fitting programs and stats packages) to show how similar or dissimilar the two sides are. This would be pretty analogous to the left right balance where 100% is perfect balance and O% is pedalling with one leg and so forth? It would help identify power imbalances which then can be targeted towards balancing that part of the pedal dynamics ad be quite similar to the pedal force dynamics in some respect. With some nice math and graphics you could show a pointer that shows the relative left/ right dominance? or just like most % right vs left?

Is this possible in Isaac? I may be being simplistic in thinking it is almost there already. Just a thought experiment anyhow.
Pete

Re: way to compare one leg to the other

Post by Pete »

I came on to ask this exact question after wondering about it on my commute today.
ronpei

Re: way to compare one leg to the other

Post by ronpei »

as you can see it is not a hot topic. It would be nice to have some info that was live vs the post ride data.