having program remember where sensor is?

cjonbike

having program remember where sensor is?

Post by cjonbike »

I have been using the Powerstroke option for a couple weeks now. When I down load every ride it asks me where me cadence sensor is. I have answered this question the same every time. I have gone into edit profiles - into the Powerstroke tab. It is set for Above the chainstay.

Other than not using Powerstroke. How do I get it to remember and use what it has? I understand that it is only one click, but that is not how it is supposed to work!

Is there something that I am doing wrong? A variable that I need to set?

I Thank you for your help!

Chris
travispape
Site Admin

Re: having program remember where sensor is?

Post by travispape »

Sounds like something is wrong because once you answer the cadence sensor question, the result is written to your your Newton. Is the Newton timing out and falling asleep by the time you answer the question?

Note that if you download the same ride again, you will be prompted again. That is because the cadence sensor location can only be written to the **ride file** at the time the ride happens. After the cadence sensor location has been sent to the profile, the Newton FW will use that setting in in subsequent ride files.

Also, note that the cadence sensor location needs to be saved for each profile that you ride with. If you only answer the prompt for profile 1 then do a PowerStroke ride on profile 2 you will be prompted again for profile 2.

One last thing to note: if you do multiple rides on your first outing that with the current build of Isaac (1.1.0) you will pe prompted multiple times as each ride is downloaded. This annoyance has been fixed for the next build of Isaac--you will be only prompted once.

But in any case, once you answer the cadence sensor location prompt and the value gets automatically written into your Newton, you should not be prompted again for future rides that you do on that profile.

Travis
Davis6022

Re: having program remember where sensor is?

Post by Davis6022 »

Will the next build include the option to customize the location of the cadence sensor?