Newton w/GT + Garmin + Stages DFPM

andrewlees

Newton w/GT + Garmin + Stages DFPM

Post by andrewlees »

Today I got my paws on a friend's Stages to check the calibration of my Newton. Prior to this, I've had my Newton broadcasting the power numbers to my Garmin 510. Never an issue. Today with the Stages on, my Newton picked it up just fine. When I uploaded my Garmin data, there was no power info at all, not even the typical Newton power numbers. I didn't attempt to pair the Stages with the Garmin because I didn't want it on the Garmin, just on the Newton. Has any one else had a similar deal happen? Was the Newton not sure what power numbers to send to the Garmin so it sent nothing? What can I do for my next ride to get power numbers on the Garmin?

Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Newton w/GT + Garmin + Stages DFPM

Post by Velocomp »

When you paired your Stages to your Newton, the Newton stopped broadcasting its power data to the Garmin.

The Newton can't receive and broadcast power data simultaneously.

In your Newton ride file you will find both your Newton power data and your Stages power data. If you want you can merge your Garmin ride file into your Newton file using Isaac, then you will have GPS data as well.
John Hamann
andrewlees

Post by andrewlees »

Thanks John, that makes sense. And I didn't know about the merging of files, so that's great to hear. Will I have the option of selecting either DFPM or Newton power #'s? Unfortunately, they are vastly different.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Post a ride file and we'll take a look at the differences.

In Setup you can turn "display DFP" on or off, so you can choose which numbers to display on your Newton screen.
John Hamann