CdA Analysis

entwistlejon

CdA Analysis

Post by entwistlejon »

Two observations thus far when pairing the Newton with a DFPM (Power2Max) for the benefit of CdA analysis...

1. Every ride I analyse with the "CdA Analysis" feature shows a flat line for the first 4-6 minutes of a ride. This is systematic and not the result of strong winds or low ride speeds.

2. Why do I get two different CdA values for a 6 mile DFPM calibration ride when comparing "Check Calibration" feature with the "CdA Analysis"?

I've submitted the calibration ride file to illustrate these two observations.
Attachments
iBike_2015_04_23_1519_10_km_HiDef.ibr
(217.3 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
entwistlejon

Re: CdA Analysis

Post by entwistlejon »

Hello again,

Has there been any progress or analysis based on my observation? I bought the Newton on the strength of its proclaimed aerodynamic functionality (in particular CdA feedback and analysis) but unless I'm going wrong somewhere (and please correct me if I am) so far I don't have much confidence in the Newton's ability to provide me with accurate CdA data.

One of my roles is product testing and research and I would very much like the aerodynamic features to work (I've invested a lot of time and my own money in doing so). Please assist me with my objective.

For the record I am using a standalone Garmin speed sensor, standalone cadence sensor and 3 DFPM (Power2Max, Rotor Power and Rotor InPower).

Best regards.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We missed your first post.

Give us a chance to investigate and we will respond.
John Hamann
entwistlejon

Post by entwistlejon »

Thank you, much appreciated.

In the meantime, I am going to upgrade to Newton 5 to see if that eradicates the problem.