Exporting DFPM power for Strava

funkmeister

Exporting DFPM power for Strava

Post by funkmeister »

Hi all,

I just got a DFPM to use in conjunction with my Newton. I realized that Strava picks up on the Newton power figures instead of the DFPM numbers, even if it's included in the .csv upload file. Is there a way that I can set the preference in Isaac to have the DFPM numbers uploaded, or do some manual excel wizardry to make it so?

Thanks in advance!
Isaac
funkmeister

Re: Exporting DFPM power for Strava

Post by funkmeister »

Anybody able to shed some help and lend a hand? I'm loving my Newton and so I would like to keep using it as a head unit, getting this fixed would make it perfect for my needs.

Thanks in advance.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

In the cdv file you export for Strava, you will see two columns, one for Newton power (column D) and one for DFPM power (column L).

Copy-paste the entries from column L into column D, starting with row 6, the first row that includes a recorded power number.
John Hamann
funkmeister

Post by funkmeister »

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion. I attempted to do just that, but when I uploaded it it says 'Bad FIle Data".

I noticed that my Newton power is in column C and not D as you mentioned, could it be some formatting issue on my end?
funkmeister

Post by funkmeister »

Problem solved. I found that exporting as a TCX file from Isaac picks up only the DFPM values. Works like a charm when imported into Strava.

Thanks again.