Sensors search for new profile

DennyS

Sensors search for new profile

Post by DennyS »

I am trying to setup a new bike (with new sensors) on an unused profile with Newton 5.08. The problem is that Newton would not go and search/find sensors. I tried first without touching the profile, then setting as new profile [in Isaac/Device/Set Up Newton], then by overwriting it with an existing profile, and finally by changing sensor IDs to 0 (using Edit Profiles) and sending it to device.
Even the change to existing profile would not find sensors from that old bike. Other profiles for other bikes work fine.
I tried hard-reset and trip-reset few times. Only once I had "SPCD found" show up (for I have combo), but the message kept flashing every few seconds. In all cases, I cannot get any speed nor cadence to show on Newton. I only get the message "Do Cal", but cannot calibrate it without functioning sensors.

How do I flush the "stubborn" profile? How do I force sensor search in 5.08?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Sensors search for new profile

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like your Newton isn't finding the sensors.

Do you already have a bike setup on profile 1? Does this profile work OK?

If so do this:

1) In Isaac set your active profile to Profile 2. This will hold the data for bike 2

2) Make sure your sensors from bike 1 are asleep. If you're not sure, then put bike 2 at least 100 feet away from bike 1

3) For bike 2, make sure its sensors are awake, then do a Scan (press-hold top and bottom arrows until Scan appears, then release). If all goes well you will get your bike 2 sensors loaded into profile 2.

4) If the scan does not work then something is wrong with your bike 2 sensors.

Let us know what you find.
John Hamann
DennyS

Re: Sensors search for new profile

Post by DennyS »

Doing the scan (top + bottom buttons) did the trick. I never added a new bike on 5.x, so this was new to me. Well, guilty as charged, there is a section in the manual explaining the forced scan.

The few seconds ride when downloaded to Isaac recognized new Wireless IDs, and properly enabled SPCD combo.

Thanks for help!