Calibration ride weight

JulianBoulter

Calibration ride weight

Post by JulianBoulter »

Hi Guys

How important is it to maintain the rider weight in the profile for the calibration ride?

My weight is fluctuating quite a lot at the moment and there is a 5 pounds difference between the weight I setup using quick start a few weeks ago prior to actually riding the calibration ride yesterday.

I guess i should modify the weight in the profile to what it was at the time of the calibration ride right?

That said I know the weight will change again and I know I can tweak it in the ride file but is it better to make any tweaks in the profile itself and then resend to the Newton?

Thanks

Julian
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibration ride weight

Post by Velocomp »

Rider weight will have a minor effect on frictional watts calculations. It's best to change it in the Advanced tab of Edit Profile (VERY CAREFULLY; make sure the button to the right of Crr is on "Hold"), then send the profile to the Newton.
John Hamann
JulianBoulter

Post by JulianBoulter »

Velocomp wrote:Rider weight will have a minor effect on frictional watts calculations. It's best to change it in the Advanced tab of Edit Profile (VERY CAREFULLY; make sure the button to the right of Crr is on "Hold"), then send the profile to the Newton.
Thanks John, so when I change weight in the analyze ibike settings tool that has the same effect as changing the frictional watts calculation?

Also what about the effect rider weight has on aero calculations? that plays a part too does it not?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, the Analyze Route will fix it for the ride.

No material effect on aero calculations with a small weight change.
John Hamann