Isaac not finding correct GPS data file

Lorraine

Isaac not finding correct GPS data file

Post by Lorraine »

Hi,

I had a ride Wednesday 1/1/2014 which started at 6:08am. I have the GPSfile on my iphone and have uploaded it several times to the web site, as at some stage the site was not responding. As we stopped for a drink I also have the second GPS file with a time of 7:34am. Both files have uploaded without any problem supposedly to the web site, and I can view them on the phone.

When in Isaac software, I have the file open, but when attempting to get the GPS data it keeps coming up with the following message:
This ride is more recent than the latest upload from the app to the server. This may
be due to an incorrect date/time setting in the Newton or because your last ride
didn't make it to the server from the Newton Tracker app.

Click "Repair Time" to have Isaac to repair date/time for this file. The start time for
this ride is currently shown as 1/01/2014 6:08:20 AM.

Click "Try Again" after you make another attempt to upload the data from the
Newton Tracker app. Make sure your phone has a connection to the Internet.

If I say 'try again' it simply isn't finding the GPS data from yesterday. I tried repeatedly on Wednesday, and have tried again today Thursday 2/1/14, but it tries to use a file from 20/12/13.

Monday's ride was all ok, likewise Saturday , so this is very annoying, especially when i have the files on the phone. Either the web site is sending incorrect messages and the file is not being uploaded even though it consistently says it has been,
or its got another problem! The dates are all correct on the iphone, in Isaac and in the Newton.

Have attached the file from the iBike and would be grateful if you can shed any light!

Thanks
Lorraine
Attachments
01_01_2014_0608_47_km_HiDef.ibr
File that won't find the GPS data
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 316 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Isaac not finding correct GPS data file

Post by Velocomp »

Travis will investigate.
John Hamann
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Hi Lorraine,

I checked the server and the latest ride it has for you is for 12/31. It looks like the server had some intermittent Internet outages yesterday morning. Please try uploading the ride from 1/1 again.

Travis
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

Hi Travis,

I tried again this morning after seeing your reply about 5:45am - iphone said the GPS data went up ok, but still didn't find the file.

Went out for a ride at 6:13, and before uploading todays into Isaac, I logged out of Newton Tracker and then logged back in again. Todays GPS data had 'supposedly' gone up ok when i stopped and then at the end, and I had no trouble with it matching the data.
I then resent the GPS data from 1/1/14 and it found it at long last!, so all good!

Cheers
Lorraine