Do I need to set the elevation for accurate readings?

thebilly_b

Do I need to set the elevation for accurate readings?

Post by thebilly_b »

I always thought that you could set the elevation after a ride in Isaac and this would just adjust all your altitude readings. But the more I read into it, the more I wonder, do I need to set the elevation each ride to ensure accurate power readings - ESPECIALLY on the cal ride? Also how much is one patch (around 100yrds) of bumpyish concrete on my calride going to affect my calibration?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Do I need to set the elevation for accurate readings?

Post by Velocomp »

"Correct" elevation has zero effect on power readings and the cal ride. What the Newton measures is absolute pressure--which varies depending on weather conditions.

Bumpy concrete won't affect the cal ride either. You're good to go!
John Hamann
smpratt02030

Post by smpratt02030 »

Any idea why my iBike Newton would think I'm riding 200 feet below sea level even after merging with Tracker data? I'm attaching both the ibr file (which has the tracker gps data embedded) and a tcx file that merges my garmin data (with correct elevation) into the file.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

smpratt02030 wrote:Any idea why my iBike Newton would think I'm riding 200 feet below sea level even after merging with Tracker data? I'm attaching both the ibr file (which has the tracker gps data embedded) and a tcx file that merges my garmin data (with correct elevation) into the file.
NT merges GPS data only. Elevation data comes from newton.
John Hamann