"Do Cal" command

Sykkel

"Do Cal" command

Post by Sykkel »

Got a bit pissed yesterday.
I have two bikes. Haven't used my second bike for some time (since FW2, now i have FW4). This is the bike I use for bike races, and yesterday I went for a local street race. I mounted my Newton and turned it on and got the Fxxking "Do cal" command. 10minutes to start, and I had to use another profile to get rid of the annoying "do cal" command.

After the ride I got home and connected Newton to pc/Isaac, and checked the "Edit profile" and extracted the profile from Newton. Everything okay, but stilll the "Do Cal" command. Did a “setup device”, and "keep previous calibration ride results", but still Fxxking "Do cal".
This did not happen to my other profile when I updated Newton to FW4.

What is this??
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: "Do Cal" command

Post by Velocomp »

The only time you'll ever see the Do Cal command is when you have an uncalibrated Newton profile. An uncalibrated Newton profile has a factory-default wind scaling factor of 1.0, or a default tilt calibration number of 0. If either of these conditions exist then the "Do Cal" message will appear.

If you used your "Bike 2" profile and still got the Do Cal message, then your original profile 2 was incorrect, most likely because the WSF was 1.0.

Until the Newton is calibrated its power numbers won't be accurate. So, the Do Cal message was telling you that your profile needed attention.

I'm sorry that you had this issue, but your Newton provided you a valuable message, informing you that your setup/profile was incorrect.
John Hamann
Sykkel

Re: "Do Cal" command

Post by Sykkel »

Velocomp wrote:The only time you'll ever see the Do Cal command is when you have an uncalibrated Newton profile. An uncalibrated Newton profile has a factory-default wind scaling factor of 1.0, or a default tilt calibration number of 0. If either of these conditions exist then the "Do Cal" message will appear.

If you used your "Bike 2" profile and still got the Do Cal message, then your original profile 2 was incorrect, most likely because the WSF was 1.0.

Until the Newton is calibrated its power numbers won't be accurate. So, the Do Cal message was telling you that your profile needed attention.

I'm sorry that you had this issue, but your Newton provided you a valuable message, informing you that your setup/profile was incorrect.
You're right about my WSF. It is 1.0. But you're wrong about my Newton/profile is uncalibrated.
1.0 is my calibrated WSF. I have done lots of cal rides earlier and always got around an 1.0 factor (sometimes just below 1.0 and sometimes just above 1.0).I have averaged it to 1.0.
I guess this means that if the WSF factor is 1.0 the software now THINKS it's not calibrated, and it's not possible to have a 1.0 WFS any longer....?
I changed the WSF to 0.999 and the "Do-Cal" dissapears.
By the way. My Riding Tilt was -0.7% so maybe an idea could be that both these factors has to be factory default 1.000 and 0.0 before "DO CAL" appears....

One other thing i have noticed. Could you please do something about the"CAD LOST" when coasting/not pedaling more than 20 sec?
CAD LOST came after FW 4.x.