What has changed???

scotty

What has changed???

Post by scotty »

I have been an iBike user since 2008 & have upgraded units and firmware/software when each was offered. All of my history with the units have been pretty much spot on in terms of measurements, but somewhere in one of the upgrades within the last couple of months something has changed. I am riding the same routes & roads. These are the changes I have noticed.

1) Mileage indicated on the unit & mileage downloaded in Isaac differ. The download shows the correct mileage. As an example today's ride downloaded as 56.38 miles and the Newton showed 53.5 miles. Why the difference? O second filtering. Time was accurate to within 20 seconds. Both of the measurements in the past were identical, what showed on the unit & the download. Any ideas as to what changed?

2) HR measurement, never before was always accurate, now the measurement shows HR at times in excess of 195 beats per minute, at my age (61) that would probably be fatal. Same roads, same routes nothing new. Why the excessive HR.

Just looking for some answers, like I said in the past measurements were always spot on, the only one the would change would be vertical climbed & that was attributable to atmospheric pressure & was to be expected.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: What has changed???

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a ride file that reflects these changes.
John Hamann
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

scotty wrote:...
1) Mileage indicated on the unit & mileage downloaded in Isaac differ. The download shows the correct mileage. As an example today's ride downloaded as 56.38 miles and the Newton showed 53.5 miles. Why the difference? O second filtering. Time was accurate to within 20 seconds. Both of the measurements in the past were identical, what showed on the unit & the download. Any ideas as to what changed?...
Somewhat like - http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 799#p15455
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

As far as HR jumps - the clothing can affect the HR readings - a static charge build up from some jerseys sometimes adds a bunch of beats - it is usually the HR strap that is the culprit and nothing that the Newton is doing. Do you use an electrode gel?

Tom
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

Sometimes tightening your HR strap can help get rid of the jumps.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Velocomp wrote:Please post a ride file that reflects these changes.
Attached is a copy of yesterday's ride. Stats on the Newton at the end of the ride indicated total distance of 16.5 and total time of 1:01:16. All other measurements on the unit were pretty much spot on. Time was off by only 3 seconds, I am not concerned about that miniscule amount. The mileage though was off by a half-mile between the display on the Newton & the stats shown in Isaac. When I use google maps, the distance indicated is the same exact amount as Isaac has shown.
Attachments
iBike_05_30_2013_0811_17_Miles.ibr
(213.58 KiB) Downloaded 299 times