Lap timer question

Sykkel

Lap timer question

Post by Sykkel »

Question to Velocomp

The lap timer has a two second "latency".
If I want to be extremely presice about the lap time, from when starts/ends a lap? Immediately when you press the button, or after two seconds?
racerfern

Re: Lap timer question

Post by racerfern »

Even though you hold it for two seconds, the time you pressed the button is the time that is stored. The rest is just to confirm that you wanted a lap actually created.

The other thing is that as long as you do the same thing every time, the laps will all have the same start and end points.
Fernando
Sykkel

Post by Sykkel »

racerfern wrote:Even though you hold it for two seconds, the time you pressed the button is the time that is stored. The rest is just to confirm that you wanted a lap actually created.

The other thing is that as long as you do the same thing every time, the laps will all have the same start and end points.
Thank yor for your answer.

"The other thing is that as long as you do the same thing every time, the laps will all have the same start and end points."
I never use the lap timer for laps. ;)
I use the lap timer to measure distances, point out start/stop for a climb or coastdown, intervals, and
other things I want to remember when I'm on the bike.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I also use the "lap" timer as you do, to time the same section on different days. However, the same process applies. Hit the lap button for start and stop at the same point even on different days and you'll get consistent results.

Consistency is the key.
Fernando