GPS won't sync to ride file

rstrom

GPS won't sync to ride file

Post by rstrom »

I'm sure that this situation is tied to the previous post but I'm not understanding why the GPS won't sync at this point. The files were joined at 2012-10-28T06:34:54 (I'm sure you'd find it pretty easily, but just in case).

The GPS seems to be messed up when I view it on the merge screen but I don't know why. The GPS displays fine in the Garmin Training Center and when uploaded to Garmin Online.

Explanation of why it's not working and how to fix it greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Robert
Attachments
activity_238053411.zip
Here is the Garmin TCX file of the ride
(440.4 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
iBike_10_28_2012_0602_50_Miles.ibr
This is the merged iBike file with the time/date of the second file set to begin immediately after the end of the first file ended
(910.31 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
racerfern

Re: GPS won't sync to ride file

Post by racerfern »

Please upload both original ibr files.
Fernando
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

Here are the two files ... I think the is the closest that I can get to the original files. Hopefully they will help.

Thanks,

Robert
Attachments
iBike_09_24_2012_0000_42_Miles.ibr
Here is the file that was started immediately after the button "incident" (see post right next to this one)
(707.61 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
iBike_10_28_2012_0602_0_Miles.ibr
This "was" the original file but I appended the other portion of the ride to it. Restore Original Download does not appear to return it to the original file. The point where the files are joined is where the original file was stopped. 8.7 miles I believe.
(823.31 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Something's not right, obviously. The 0 mile file is 52 miles long and has an annotation that says files joined here.

Do you have the file that is 8.7 miles long and the next section that is about 42 miles? I realize the 8.7 mile section might say 0 but we're looking for the two files before you merged or combined anything.
Fernando
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

The zero file was the original file that I started off then ride with. Then, it appears that I accidentally hit the "Data Setup" key combination at that 8.7 mile mark. Then the second ride started. Once I got back I merged the two (files joined here).

This is the best I've got.

The miles and the distance seem to match up pretty well with the GPS once the files are merged so I'm not sure why they are not synching.

Here is something that may help. I cut out the first 8.7 miles from the CSV file and then opened it with Issac and then saved it as an IBR file.

Thanks,

Robert
Attachments
ibike.ibr
(118.32 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

Anyone had a chance to take a look at this? Is there any salvaging it?

Thanks,

Robert
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

This is as weird as it gets. I've tried various ways still to no avail. I'll keep trying.
Fernando