Data Setup (I think that's what it says)invoked while riding

rstrom

Data Setup (I think that's what it says)invoked while riding

Post by rstrom »

Twice in the past week I've been riding along and pressed some button combination that puts the iBike into a mode that resets my current ride and starts another ride dated 9/24/2012 @ 12:00. The resulting ride when downloaded is like this - iBike_10_28_2012_0602_0_Miles.ibr. While the downloaded ride says zero miles it actually has 8.7 miles, the second file that is created upon download is iBike_09_24_2012_0000_42_Miles.ibr. This file has the remainder of the 50 mile ride.

I had this happen this morning while pushing buttons to switch and view a different screen (with long fingered gloves on) and earlier in the week while doing the same thing while it was pretty dark out.

So what is it (what button combination) that is causing this behavior?

Is there a way of preventing this from happening? I'm really not holding whatever the button combination is down for long. Is there a way that whatever this combination is could be set to require that the buttons be held down longer?

Thanks,

Robert
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Data Setup (I think that's what it says)invoked while riding

Post by Velocomp »

Left+Down+Right+Center, all at once.
John Hamann
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

That would seem to be pretty darn hard to do while I'm riding. If you happen to hit that combination momentarily will it kick in, or do you have to hold it down for some time?

While it's never happened before, twice in one week seems like it would be pretty hard to do accidentally!

Is there a way to make getting into this mode harder to accidentally accomplish?

Thanks,

Robert
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It only takes an instant.
John Hamann
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

So ...
Is there a way to make getting into this mode harder to accidentally accomplish?
As in, can you modify the firmware so that you have to hold that combination of keys down for a longer period of time?

Thanks,

Robert
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Nope. It's hard wired in the electronics, not the FW.
John Hamann