High Vibration

texmurphy

High Vibration

Post by texmurphy »

First time I have seen this, a High Vibration grey zone on the Tilt Advanced View. I have been told previously that this view is to be ignored, (although the Isaac negative elevation in that Tilt Advanced View was unexplained), but I still find it interesting. On today's ride I found a grey zone delimited with a High Vibration notation (which I have never seen on a ride before, regardless of ride surface (e.g. loose chip/gravel)). This section has been ridden many times and has normal pavement. There was no significant wind. Speed over second roller was 20+mph and descent went to 35mph to a traffic light.

Is this a Newton hardware issue? I will ride tomorrow and see if it reappears.

Attached screen shot shows Tilt Advanced View overlapped with Analyze Route (to correct elevation for this ride) and overlapping the relevant Isaac window section.

texmurphy

Re: High Vibration

Post by texmurphy »

Further investigation reveals that the Universal Mount for the Newton+ failed with cracks to both lower rear clamp sections of the mount.
I thought I had been careful on installation in June not to overtighten. But maybe not, or it may be that riding in high summer heat overstressed the plastic.
I will be much more subtle installing the replacement.
The mount is being replaced under warranty - yeah Velocomp!