Failed fitness test - How to fix

nilbike

Failed fitness test - How to fix

Post by nilbike »

Can I redo a failed fitness test ?

After the 4th ride in the CycleMax plan it was time for a fitness test. It started well, but in the middle of the interval the speed vent to zero....cadence was OK.
As I was on a roll I completed the fitness test assuming it was a software glitch related to the display..

After the ride I discovered the wheel magnet had moved out of position missing the sensor, so now I realized the speed and hence the power calculation was basically garbage.

I assume this messed up the adjustments done to my power calibration. How can I fix this ? Can I redo the fitness test and bring it back on track ?
RGA

Re: Failed fitness test - How to fix

Post by RGA »

Hey, that's a good question ... perhaps a future enhancement where you can go back to the previous workout and redo it or something like that.
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza
nilbike

Post by nilbike »

I am pretty sure my power scale is busted as my next CycleMax ride (5/62) is setup with 208 as calorie burn, the other rides was about 450 to 530....

If I do the iSlim fitness test, would that "take-over" or is the fitness test specific for each plan ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, if you do the iSlim Fitness Test, that will provide a value for CycleMax.

We are going to be adding an option to the app that will allow you to do a fitness test whenever you would like.
John Hamann
nilbike

Post by nilbike »

Thanks. I actually did the iSlim fitness test today before reading your post and it worked great !

As expected the color-power scale was whacked (before the fitness test), but after the fitness test it was back, well calibrated..

It's great with the planned new feature, as it stands the feature is there already as one would only use one plan at the time. There is always a fitness test available on another plan.

A fitness test log would be great though, maybe with a fitness level (like in the good-old iBike) that could indicate where you are and also track progress.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

nilbike wrote:Thanks. I actually did the iSlim fitness test today before reading your post and it worked great !

As expected the color-power scale was whacked (before the fitness test), but after the fitness test it was back, well calibrated..

It's great with the planned new feature, as it stands the feature is there already as one would only use one plan at the time. There is always a fitness test available on another plan.

A fitness test log would be great though, maybe with a fitness level (like in the good-old iBike) that could indicate where you are and also track progress.
You'll see a lot of nifty features coming in the next release.
John Hamann
RGA

Post by RGA »

Cool trick on doing the iSlim fitness test. Really liking the software and I'm seeing improvements in my fitness level and waist. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with next!
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza