Losing connection when using trainer mode

jparker

Losing connection when using trainer mode

Post by jparker »

I recently downloaded the new firmware to the ibike and the computer worked great on the road but on the trainer mode I'm now having a problem.The first roller workout I tried to do I keep getting a WLS message so I resent the trainer profile to the ibike and it worked fine for almost 30 min.then it just quit working. When I downloaded the file I checked the trainer profile it was fine but resent it again anyway. Today again I was riding the rollers and about 18 min. into the workout it quit working again. All batteries check out fine so I'm not sure what to do.? Has anyone had this problem and if so what do I need to do to correct it? Thanks
Foothills Rider

Re: Losing connection when using trainer mode

Post by Foothills Rider »

I did lose connection several times during yesterday's trainer session. I ride the trainer on my back patio; yesterday was in the high 40's and damp; I just sort of put the connection loss to drain on battery power. Even though I had loaded the new FW a few days prior, I was more suspicious of the weather....sort of a "common things happen commonly" attitude, I guess.

This morning, I did a 55 mile road ride, and I lost connection 3-4 times during to first 12 miles or so, and I had no data at all for one 4-mile stretch. It was about 50 degrees and cloudy at the start of the ride. The battery was reading 2.7 as connection came and went; as the day warmed up into the 60's and the sun peeked out, the WLS problem stopped, and the last 40 miles went with no problems.

For the time being, I believe my WLS might be temperature-related, as opposed to the new FW.

I hope your problem resolves quickly....

Bill
jparker

Re: Losing connection when using trainer mode

Post by jparker »

Just so everyone will know it was the wireless mount that was causing the loss of signal. I put a shim (small folded piece of paper) in with the battery and problem solved. Thanks Aaron for the great tech support :!: