iBike 3 Software "Auto Analyzes" Trainer Ride

gregh3285

iBike 3 Software "Auto Analyzes" Trainer Ride

Post by gregh3285 »

I upgraded to iBike 3 (version 3.0.2). Now, when I download a trainer ride, the software attempts to apply a profile to the ride an auto-analyze it. What started out as a 200 W workout all of a sudden becomes a 36 W workout (which makes sense -- in the basement the iBike sees virtually no wind). In addition, the software seems intent on asking me: "Found new wireless IDs in the iBike unit. Would you like to save these in your matching profile "<profilename>"?" I have NOT changed batteries on the iBike or any of the sensors. Is this a bug? I'm happy to send more info if it helps. I check the forum and didn't see anyone else complaining, so I'm wondering if there's something else going on (with me). I've used the iBike in trainer mode for as long as I've had it and the only time I've seen this is with the iBike 3 software.
marshr

Re: iBike 3 Software "Auto Analyzes" Trainer Ride

Post by marshr »

I also have gen 3 and have not change wireless profile or wireless speed/cadence devices but want to me to accept new profile. so i copied the current profile ID# and the "new profile" ID numbers and the new ID numbers do not work so i just put my "old" id numbers back in and works fine but each time i download a ride the ibike 3 software wants me to accept new profile. i just cancell it but is just a bother. not sure if bug but since not broken it not want to change id #. just fyi same error message
Rick
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

gregh3285 wrote:I upgraded to iBike 3 (version 3.0.2). Now, when I download a trainer ride, the software attempts to apply a profile to the ride an auto-analyze it. What started out as a 200 W workout all of a sudden becomes a 36 W workout (which makes sense -- in the basement the iBike sees virtually no wind). In addition, the software seems intent on asking me: "Found new wireless IDs in the iBike unit. Would you like to save these in your matching profile "<profilename>"?" I have NOT changed batteries on the iBike or any of the sensors. Is this a bug? I'm happy to send more info if it helps. I check the forum and didn't see anyone else complaining, so I'm wondering if there's something else going on (with me). I've used the iBike in trainer mode for as long as I've had it and the only time I've seen this is with the iBike 3 software.
If you post the ride or send it to me (tpape |a|t| velocomp) I'll take a look, but are you sure that you put your unit into trainer mode? The only time I've heard of something like this, the user had accidentally done the trainer ride with the unit not in trainer mode. When you set the device to trainer mode, iBike3 does not do any post-processing on the ride.

Travis
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

marshr wrote:I also have gen 3 and have not change wireless profile or wireless speed/cadence devices but want to me to accept new profile. so i copied the current profile ID# and the "new profile" ID numbers and the new ID numbers do not work so i just put my "old" id numbers back in and works fine but each time i download a ride the ibike 3 software wants me to accept new profile. i just cancell it but is just a bother. not sure if bug but since not broken it not want to change id #. just fyi same error message
Send me a ride file plus an export of your profile and I'll look into it: tpape |a|t| velocomp |d|o|t| com.

Travis
gregh3285

Post by gregh3285 »

Travis, I just emailed you the suspect ride file and the two profiles I use. As always, thank you and Velocomp for their continued support!
gregh3285

Post by gregh3285 »

Before last night's ride, I noticed that my bike was NOT in trainer mode (which contradicts what I had said earlier). So, to no surprise, during last night's ride, I was not able to reproduce the trainer ride auto analyze issue that I saw on my 11/30. I was, however, able to reproduce the "found new wireless IDs" issue. I suspect that the first issue was user error (please accept my apologies, I gave you bad info) but that there seems to be something going on in the wireless ID front.
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

gregh3285 wrote:Before last night's ride, I noticed that my bike was NOT in trainer mode (which contradicts what I had said earlier). So, to no surprise, during last night's ride, I was not able to reproduce the trainer ride auto analyze issue that I saw on my 11/30. I was, however, able to reproduce the "found new wireless IDs" issue. I suspect that the first issue was user error (please accept my apologies, I gave you bad info) but that there seems to be something going on in the wireless ID front.
Ok, that makes sense about the trainer ride setting. As long as you remember to put the unit into trainer mode, iBike3 won't do any postprocessing.

Regarding the wireless IDs message. It looks like your profile does not have the wireless IDs saved. If you accept the message to save the wireless IDs, it should capture the IDs and save them and then you should stop seeing the message. Have you ever clicked to accept the wireless IDs when you download a ride?

Alternatively, you can view your profile and look at the wireless IDs in the advanced window. You should see that they are zero. If you attach your unit, you can pull the wireless IDs out of the unit to save in your profile.

Travis
etuaz

Post by etuaz »

On trainer rides, I've noticed that the slope is automatically corrected after 5 minutes of riding (see below). From what I understand, this is done by the Gen III unit itself rather than iBike 3 software. Since I'm in "trainer mode," this doesn't affect the power readings at all. However, I'm curious if this affects a slope correction factor within the Gen III unit. In a separate post, it almost sounded like the more rides you do, the more accurate Gen III is as it continuously dials-in the slope/tilt for your bike set-up/profile. If this is the case, wont trainer rides be giving the Gen III false tilt correction information every time you switch from trainer to road and vice versa? Seems like when in trainer mode, the firmware should just ignore doing a tilt correction.

trainer_ride.jpg
trainer_ride.jpg (179.13 KiB) Viewed 6659 times