Trainer Profile

rspinhirne

Trainer Profile

Post by rspinhirne »

I have a home build trainer that I have good power/vs speed data on.
(It actually generates power so it's pretty easy to measure.)

I have written a simple perl program to modify the csv file and insert the
power numbers.

I might be willing to speed $40.00 to be able to see these number on the ibike
when training but I would need to be able to enter my own power/speed
info. Is that possible. -- Otherwise I'll post a chart in front of me.
(Sorry for posting as rspinhirn in incorrect area.)
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Trainer Profile

Post by travispape »

Entering your own power vs. speed curve is one of many features I would like to add, but it is not available at this juncture. No promises on if or when.

You can browse through the curves that are available to see if one is close enough.

So, what do you power with your trainer? Is it like that Lance Armstrong commercial where he is in the ESPN basement powering Sports Center?

Travis
rspinhirne

Post by rspinhirne »

I power a big fan which keeps me cool.

It also provides a lot of inertia and makes
for much smoother spinning.
I don't know if it would handle some strong
rider with 1000+ watt peak power but I'm
nowhere near that.
alback

Post by alback »

Have you tried to run your ibike on your trainer as is? Kinectix posts a print out for power watts output at a given speed for their trainers. This formula is similar for their fluid and their wind trainers. Since you know the watts output of your rig, you could run your ibike and compare the results, I do the same with my rides on the road. It helps me evaluate the ibikes power numbers.

Perhaps a calibration ride and coasts might create a usable profile. I believe using the ibike on the trainer should be a feature within Ibike, not an extra $40 charge.

I realise the trainer code, Garmin code and other Pm codes took time for the developers to incorporate, but the Ibike is an accumulation of features, as are other cyclometers. I don't agree where you have to pay to unlock a trainer mode, or connect to a Garmin and yet no charge to connect to other PMs?

Alan