Compatible Trainers Update

warren

Compatible Trainers Update

Post by warren »

I'm curious if there is any update on the list of compatible trainers? I know that a number of power profiles were being considered for addition, and I'm very keen to buy the key - if the Minoura VFS Fluid Trainer is on it???
Many thanks in advance

Warren (Melbourne, Aus)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Compatible Trainers Update

Post by Velocomp »

Here they are. You'll need to download iBike 2.0.1 to get this complete list=.

Manufacturer Model

1Up USA 6 Pockets
1Up USA Inner Pockets
1Up USA Outer Pockets
BlackBurn Fluid
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: A)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: B)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: C)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Mag, High (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Mag, Low (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Magneto (< 360 W)
CycleOps Magneto (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Wind (2002)
CycleOps Wind (data source: Manf)
Elite Fluid Alu
Elite Volare
Kinetic AC Pro
Kinetic Cyclone
Kinetic Road Machine
Kinetic Standard Fluid
Minoura VFS-R new (L)
Minoura VFS-R new (1)
Minoura VFS-R new (2)
Minoura VFS-R new (3)
Minoura VFS-R new (4)
Minoura VFS-R new (5)
Minoura VFS-R new (H)
Minoura VFS-R old (L)
Minoura VFS-R old (1)
Minoura VFS-R old (2)
Minoura VFS-R old (3)
Minoura VFS-R old (4)
Minoura VFS-R old (5)
Minoura VFS-R old (H)
Minoura VFS (Japanese)
Minoura MAG-850 (L)
Minoura MAG-850 (1)
Minoura MAG-850 (2)
Minoura MAG-850 (3)
Minoura MAG-850 (4)
Minoura MAG-850 (5)
Minoura MAG-850 (H)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (L)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (1)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (2)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (3)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (4)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (5)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (H)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (L)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (1)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (2)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (3)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (H)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (L)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (1)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (2)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (3)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (4)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (5)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (H)
Minoura E-RDA-1050R-PM
Minoura E-RDA-850 (L)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (1)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (2)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (3)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (4)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (5)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (H)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (L)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (1)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (2)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (3)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (4)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (5)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (H)
Nashbar Mag2 (Minoura), Hardest Setting
Performance TravelTrac Century Fluid
Spinervals Super Fluid 4.5
Trek Mag+, Hardest Setting
Vetta Trainer
John Hamann
dtrousdale

Post by dtrousdale »

I want to buy the iBike Indoor Trainer but want to be assured about compatibility beforehand. I own a Blackburn Trakstand Ultra. From what I can tell in the scanning the 1up website, it looks like the Blackburn Trakstand Ultra is based on the 1up CPR A-2000. The list of compatible trainers for the iBike Indoor Trainer includes only these 1up models:
1Up; USA, Inner Pockets
1Up; USA, Outer Pockets
1Up; USA, 6 Pockets
Would my Blackburn Trakstand Ultra be compatible based on this? I do not know enough about the 1up and its various models to know.
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Post by Site_Admin »

Yes, it's compatible. It's the same guts on the inside, though it's harder to open up and change the ball bearings. However, it's very sturdy, durable, and extremely functional, and you probably will NOT want to mess with the bb's, just because it's got such a great curve on it already for power.
dno

Post by dno »

Are rollers going to be supported? I have some InsideRide rollers that I love and these have a variable magnetic unit attached to them. Any thoughts on these?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Rollers are in the plan but we have other new goodies ahead of them in the line right now... ;)
John Hamann
krsnendu

Post by krsnendu »

I have a generic magnetic trainer (Ravx TX3). Would any of the profiles already available be suitable, or do I have to invest in a new trainer?
Last edited by krsnendu on Sun May 11, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

My strong guess is that one of the 81 trainers we have listed would be close to yours. What I would do is use your iBike outdoors to get a perceived level of workout, then experiment with a few curves to pick one that is close to yours. The fact is that most trainers are pretty close to each other in their speed/power response.
John Hamann
krsnendu

Post by krsnendu »

One problem I could foresee is how tightly to screw in the part that contacts the wheel. I guess that the more tightly you screw it in the more work needed to turn the wheels. This would mean from session to session the resistance would change. Would this be a problem when using the ibike?
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Post by Site_Admin »

That's something we can't control for. However, I think most experts agree that it's not much more than 3% variation in the big scheme of things. The most stable resistors are the magnetic ones, and the Kinetic for fluid, or the 1UP for light weight and portability. Even though I use CompuTrainers daily, I still think the 1Up would be my first choice, followed by the Kinetic fluid as a close second.
krsnendu

Post by krsnendu »

OK.
I've just ordered the trainer key. I am not sure which model profile to choose. Should I just choose any of the magnetic models?
Do I need to do a coast down on the trainer too, or just use the one of the included profiles.
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Post by Site_Admin »

Not sure what you're asking, but pick the model that best fits your product, or call me and I'll give you an executive decision.
dno

Post by dno »

Not sure if with the release of Ibike Aero there has been any updates to the supported list or not, but when rollers are added (particularly emotion's rollers) then I will sign up for an aero..........
tyhaar

Post by tyhaar »

Velocomp wrote:Here they are. You'll need to download iBike 2.0.1 to get this complete list=.

Manufacturer Model

1Up USA 6 Pockets
1Up USA Inner Pockets
1Up USA Outer Pockets
BlackBurn Fluid
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: A)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: B)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: C)
CycleOps Fluid^2 (data source: Manf)
CycleOps Wind (2002)
CycleOps Wind (data source: Manf)
Elite Fluid Alu
Elite Volare
Kinetic AC Pro
Kinetic Cyclone
Kinetic Road Machine
Kinetic Standard Fluid
Minoura VFS-R new (L)
Minoura VFS-R new (1)
Minoura VFS-R new (2)
Minoura VFS-R new (3)
Minoura VFS-R new (4)
Minoura VFS-R new (5)
Minoura VFS-R new (H)
Minoura VFS-R old (L)
Minoura VFS-R old (1)
Minoura VFS-R old (2)
Minoura VFS-R old (3)
Minoura VFS-R old (4)
Minoura VFS-R old (5)
Minoura VFS-R old (H)
Minoura VFS (Japanese)
Minoura MAG-850 (L)
Minoura MAG-850 (1)
Minoura MAG-850 (2)
Minoura MAG-850 (3)
Minoura MAG-850 (4)
Minoura MAG-850 (5)
Minoura MAG-850 (H)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (L)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (1)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (2)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (3)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (4)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (5)
Minoura MAG-500 / 850 (H)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (L)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (1)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (2)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (3)
Minoura MAG-500L-D (H)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (L)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (1)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (2)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (3)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (4)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (5)
Minoura MAG-500L-R (H)
Minoura E-RDA-1050R-PM
Minoura E-RDA-850 (L)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (1)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (2)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (3)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (4)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (5)
Minoura E-RDA-850 (H)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (L)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (1)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (2)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (3)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (4)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (5)
Minoura HYPER-MAG-1200R (H)
Nashbar Mag2 (Minoura), Hardest Setting
Performance TravelTrac Century Fluid
Spinervals Super Fluid 4.5
Trek Mag+, Hardest Setting
Vetta Trainer
Hi,

Just got the trainer key to get some trainer workouts going. I was hoping to get on the trainer tonight with some bad weather in my local area but want to get the correct model listed in the computer beforehand.

I have IBike 2 For Windows software version 2.0.6 and have a CycleOps Mag trainer but is not on the list otherthan a wind or fluid version for CycleOps that is listed within the software.

What do I need to do for correct model for me? Most of these are not on the list also within the 2.0.6 version of IBike 2 for Windows software.

For now I'm going to set the trainer mode at the CycleOps Wind (2002) that is within the IBike 2 software for Windows until I can get a update power curve list for the software (trainer models). It seemed to be somewhat close to my wattage output on the road??....per mph...
Ty
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

tyhaar wrote:
Velocomp wrote:Here they are. You'll need to download iBike 2.0.1 to get this complete list=.

Manufacturer Model

<snip>

<snip>
I have IBike 2 For Windows software version 2.0.6 and have a CycleOps Mag trainer but is not on the list otherthan a wind or fluid version for CycleOps that is listed within the software.
Won't one of the above models work?
tyhaar

Post by tyhaar »

travispape wrote:
tyhaar wrote:

Manufacturer Model

<snip>

<snip>
Won't one of the above models work?
I'm sure one of those models would work with my trainer. My question or lack of explaining was how do I get those that you have listed in the IBike 2 Software. They are not listed otherthan a fluid or wind for CycleOps. Is there a update for the 2.0.6 software that I don't know about? I looked at the download page and had the version that I have now.
Ty
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

tyhaar wrote:I'm sure one of those models would work with my trainer. My question or lack of explaining was how do I get those that you have listed in the IBike 2 Software. They are not listed otherthan a fluid or wind for CycleOps. Is there a update for the 2.0.6 software that I don't know about? I looked at the download page and had the version that I have now.
Sorry for the delay in responding. All of the available trainers are included with the 2.0.6 build. Select the trainer to load into the iBike using the menu item "Device->Set Trainer...".

Travis
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Travis,

And therein lies his problem. No matter what, he only sees part of the list. I even sent him my copy of the downloaded file in case something was corrupted. Same result. No matter what he does, the full list of trainers will not appear.

Any suggestions for tyhaar

Fernando
Fernando
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

racerfern wrote:Travis,

And therein lies his problem. No matter what, he only sees part of the list. I even sent him my copy of the downloaded file in case something was corrupted. Same result. No matter what he does, the full list of trainers will not appear.

Any suggestions for tyhaar

Fernando
Crud, I just discovered how this might happen. I'll have this fixed for the 2.0.7 build.

In the mean time, there is a way you can work around this problem. Go to your folder where you iBike settings are stored. On XP, this is "C:\Documents and Settings\Travis\Application Data\Velocomp\iBike 2" (Or you can search your HD for "iBike 2.settings".)

***Be carefull not do delete all the files, because you will lose your profiles if you do.***
***One other small caveat is that you will lose any temperature offsets that you have entered in "Edit->Preferences...->Ride Data->Unit Corrections", so if you have entered a temperature offset, note what it is and re-enter it later.***

1. Quit iBike2.
2. In the Velocomp setting folder, delete the file named "iBike 2 v07.settings". ONLY THAT FILE--LEAVE THE OTHERS.
3. Relaunch iBike2 and you should see the full list of trainers.

Again, if you want to wait a few days until 2.0.7 is released, the problem will be automatically fixed for you after you install the upgrade.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Travis
tyhaar

Post by tyhaar »

Thanks for the update. I've been out of action getting my hip scoped and cleaned up a bit. Much better now and getting back to training in couple days. I got the firmware update for my particular setup and will download the new software version so I can see all the trainer models. I will be using a trainer so ease back into fulltime training so this is a big help getting the right profile to view the proper power curve sans CycleOps Mag.

Finally got my Garmin 705 and getting everything setup with that tonight but have run into mounting issues with the IBike Aero getting clean air possibly with the 705 right next to it?

Thanks Fernando with your help in getting the information to the right source (Travis) with this head butt problem.
Ty
tyhaar

Post by tyhaar »

Well spoke to soon for at least me getting all the trainer models listed for me. Downloaded the new version of IBike Software but only 17 models are still listed???

I guess my last resort is to try Travis' suggestion of deleting that file and see what happens. I thought the new version was going to list these trainer models for me?

Edit on this post---I see other versions of the file that Travis wants me to delete. I only say this as I just downloaded the new version of IBike 2 Software 2.0.7 and wanted to make sure that the file you want me to delete is the correct one now since I have the new version of the software??

I see in that folder :

IBike 2 v06.settings
IBike 2 v07.settings
IBike 2.settings

I'm thinking delete the 06 version and not the 07 version now but I'll wait for Travis' approval....

Thanks....
Ty
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Hmmm.

I have:
iBike 2 v08.settings
iBike 2 v07.settings
iBike 2 v06.settings
iBike 2.settings

Don't delete anything. Based on Travis' previous instructions, try renaming the iBike 2 v07.settings to "iBike 2 v07.nosettings". Then start iB2 up again. If it doesn't work, just rename it back until Travis pipes in.

For complete safety, copy the Velocomp directory somewhere else. You can always copy it back.
Fernando
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

tyhaar wrote:Well spoke to soon for at least me getting all the trainer models listed for me. Downloaded the new version of IBike Software but only 17 models are still listed???

I guess my last resort is to try Travis' suggestion of deleting that file and see what happens. I thought the new version was going to list these trainer models for me?

Edit on this post---I see other versions of the file that Travis wants me to delete. I only say this as I just downloaded the new version of IBike 2 Software 2.0.7 and wanted to make sure that the file you want me to delete is the correct one now since I have the new version of the software??

I see in that folder :

IBike 2 v06.settings
IBike 2 v07.settings
IBike 2.settings

I'm thinking delete the 06 version and not the 07 version now but I'll wait for Travis' approval....

Thanks....
That's odd. Just send me all of your settings files and I'll fix them to return to you. travispape at yahoo.

Travis
tyhaar

Post by tyhaar »

Success finally with getting the trainers to fully list.

Thanks....
Ty
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

I'm having the same problem with 2.0.7. I've been through this process three times and when Ibike 2 is started it recreates the v07.settings file and still only 17 trainers.

I've got an old trackstand with mag unit I'd like to use, but may get a 1UP later.

UPDATE 7/11/08
I copied the "iBike 2 v08.settings" file to "IBike 2 v07.settings" and now the long list of trainers are listed.

Thanks anyway.
mobygrape

Post by mobygrape »

Has anyone found the best profile for the Nashbar Watt Master Fluid trainer?

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?cate ... %20Rollers

It has power output ( I have the wired version), so I guess I can just try out different trainer profiles until I get it right, but it would be great to cut down on the guess work.

This seems to be the same as the Elite IT CRONO HYDROMAG DIGITAL, just with a Nashbar brand.

http://www.elite-it.com/jsp/c-Prodotti.jsp?ID=0050202

Thanks,
Moby
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

With fall now closing in and winter almost around the corner can we expect to see additional trainer profiles added? I'd like to see profiles for Krietler rollers and the Tacx cycle Force 1.
Ratman

Post by Ratman »

I'd like to "bump" this thread. The last comprehensive list of iBike compatible indoor trainers seems to have been posted by John on January 17, 2008. Surely there have been some additions since then -- could we get a printable current list of compatible trainers? Or, does a current list exist somewhere on the website (haven't found it if so...)?

Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

As of December 10 2008

Also, any trainer profile can be custom edited in iBike 3

We now support some rollers, too.

Trainer Model

1Up USA, 6 Pockets
1Up USA, Inner Pockets
1Up USA, Outer Pockets