Trainer Mode issues

Brodirt

Trainer Mode issues

Post by Brodirt »

I have noticed that my Ibike will not stay set to my chosen trainer, Kurt Kinetic road machine, regardless of how many times I reset it. When I open the dialog to set the type of trainer it is set to some other Kurt Kinetic model. Is my Ibike set properly but the desktop software displaying the wrong trainer or is the software setting the wrong trainer? This is a real issue because the power curve of the two units is different.
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trainer Mode issues

Post by Site_Admin »

That's a new one to me - let me contact Travis and see if we can find the problem.
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Brodirt wrote:I have noticed that my Ibike will not stay set to my chosen trainer, Kurt Kinetic road machine, regardless of how many times I reset it. When I open the dialog to set the type of trainer it is set to some other Kurt Kinetic model. Is my Ibike set properly but the desktop software displaying the wrong trainer or is the software setting the wrong trainer? This is a real issue because the power curve of the two units is different.
Are you pushing the "send to iBike" button once you select your model? If that's not the problem, send me an email and we'll get to the bottom of it.

Travis
Brodirt

Post by Brodirt »

No, Travis I did everything right....I pressed the send to button and got an ok message. I tried again several times today to see and used different trainers to set. Every other trainer I set worked correctly and stayed as I had set it. The only change I saw was when I set to my KK Road Machine and when I would return to the set trainer machine the software would indicate KK AC pro as the model set. It appears that the curve is, in fact, the same though....or at least really close to the same.

If you could confirm the curves are the same the operative difference is not important, but take a look and see for yourself to see if it shows up on generally.
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Brodirt wrote:No, Travis I did everything right....I pressed the send to button and got an ok message. I tried again several times today to see and used different trainers to set. Every other trainer I set worked correctly and stayed as I had set it. The only change I saw was when I set to my KK Road Machine and when I would return to the set trainer machine the software would indicate KK AC pro as the model set. It appears that the curve is, in fact, the same though....or at least really close to the same.

If you could confirm the curves are the same the operative difference is not important, but take a look and see for yourself to see if it shows up on generally.
Yep, it turns out that Kurt Kinetic has a few models with the same resistance curve: http://www.kurtkinetic.com/calibration_chart.php

iBike 2 keeps showing you the first of the trainers with the same coefficients. I'll change that for the next build.

Travis