Feature request

still-chasing

Feature request

Post by still-chasing »

Reason for suggestion:
I went for a group ride today but forgot to turn off trainer mode: Usually, the screen displays "trainer on" if trainer mode is on. But this time, after Newton paired with my HR and speed sensors, the screen went straight to normal display without alerting me that the unit is still in "trainer mode". Didn't pay attention much to the display because of on-ride conversations. When I turnaround and was riding by myself, I noticed the abnormal wattage numbers. I knew something was wrong but didn't think of the trainer mode being on. Didn't touch the buttons until the end of the ride so I have the whole file to report. clicked re-set to save the file and went through setup and that's where I found the reason. "trainer on" . I was able to salvage the ride using ISAAC to convert to "road ride". Great feature!

Just a suggestion:
in "trainer mode", Maybe have the watts blink when the wheel start rolling for the first 30 sec or a minute to alert the rider that you're in trainer mode just in case it was left "on" during a road ride.
THANKS!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Feature request

Post by Velocomp »

Whenever the Newton awakens from sleep, the "trnr on" screen appears. It has to be dismissed manually with a click of the center button...

We used to have a feature that detected wind speed, disabling the trainer mode whenever wind speed was excessive. However, people used fans to keep cool on their indoor rides, and that caused trainer mode to be disabled incorrectly!
John Hamann
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

For this one time incident though, when I clicked the button to wake up the unit, I didn't get the "trainer mode" alert. The unit detected my speed sensor and HR monitor and went straight to normal screen right away. Maybe a one time error.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Weird.
John Hamann