Trainer Profile?

oldfartrunner

Trainer Profile?

Post by oldfartrunner »

I am getting ready to get back on my bike but only on the trainer for awhile (broke my collarbone).

I had previously got my new bike's profile pretty well setup after some trial and error on the calibrations.

But for my trainer I am using my old bike. I jut got sensors on the old bike paired up with Profile 2 on the iBike but the old bike will not have a calibration for a couple of months. I guess the only thing else I need to get input is the wheel circumference of the old bike into Profile 2. Anything else I might need?

I assume I have to use Profile 2 to have the correct speed and cadence sensor pairing and wheel cirumference while on the trainer. Will it matter for the Trainer On mode if there is no calibration for the Profile 2 that I will be using? iBike uses the power numbers from the trainer I uploaded, right?
John Evans
racerfern

Re: Trainer Profile?

Post by racerfern »

I use profile 2 for my trainer sessions. When you download the trainer profile into profile 2 you won't need anything else. Turning trainer mode on overrides other settings and doesn't need any other info.
Fernando
oldfartrunner

Re: Trainer Profile?

Post by oldfartrunner »

racerfern wrote:I use profile 2 for my trainer sessions. When you download the trainer profile into profile 2 you won't need anything else. Turning trainer mode on overrides other settings and doesn't need any other info.
Did you ever pair your sensors in profile 2? If not did you not have to pair the sensors because they were the same sensors on the same bike as profile 1? I assume even with the Trainer mode ON the iBIke still needs at least the Cadence sensor ID.

Did you ever calibrate your profile 2? iBike may not use the tilt, wind or drag values when in the Trainer mode but what about weight or maybe wheel circumference? I was concerned that iBike might being trying to divide by zero in one of its calculations because my bike had never been fully setup and calibrated.

Thanks
John Evans