iSport - battery life

aldolibersan

iSport - battery life

Post by aldolibersan »

I've had my iSport for about 2-3 weeks now and I've already had to change the battery 3 times. I find the battery is only lasting a week or less and I only ride about 5-6 hours a week. I'm wondering if there is anyway to power off the unit manually when not in use?
aldolibersan

Re: iSport - battery life

Post by aldolibersan »

I should also add that when I changed the battery my watts/kg value was erased. My fitness level was still there, but watts/kg was gone and I can't re-enter the data. I've not tried one of the built in workouts yet, but wondering if this will impact my abilityt to run the fitness workouts?
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

What version of firmware is in your unit?
wellmt

Post by wellmt »

I don't know where you are in the world, but cold temperatures (around freezing) eat through the CR2032 batteries quickly.
aldolibersan

Post by aldolibersan »

I just bought the unit a few weeks ago, but not sure of the firmware version, how can I find that out?

I am in Victoria BC, Canada, the temperature range I have been using the unit in has been in the 5-10 C range, so a little above freezing.
mds

Post by mds »

Switch to the setup rEL screen, version is displayed as 3.0x. Battery lifetime is no more than 10 hours on my iSport at those temps. Two or three times longer at higher temps. ibikesports.com sells batteries in bulk for a good price.