Ibike on week long ride suggestions

klaus

Ibike on week long ride suggestions

Post by klaus »

I have a question or suggestion for future developments.
I plan a self supported bike ride of about 7 day's with 6-10hours of bike every day.
I would really love to store all that data in the I ibike and record it.

From what I understand I will be well above the limit of the device. Any suggestions on how to store that data.

Taking the laptop is out of question (I would have to carry it)
I could take the transfer cable and the drivers/soft on an USB key. But going through the whole pain to setup that on a foreign PC just to download the file seems to bee too much trouble for me.

What I would really like is an easy way where the ibike behaves like a storage unit where you can just get the files in an easy way. I could then do that from any PC or my smartphone and carry a limited amount of extra gear.
Web upload or other from the USB could be another neat alternative

Any suggestions are welcome
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ibike on week long ride suggestions

Post by Site_Admin »

You can get 50 hours out of it at 5-second intervals, but you're going to break that record. What about taking your cable and a cd with the software on it, and doing one download dump midway through?
klaus

Post by klaus »

That is probably what I will do. Copy the software and driver on my smartphone and take the cable with me.

Only need to find a PC after 2-3 day's where I can install the software and download (I may have 1-2 day to find that PC)

Again it would be nice if there was an easy way to copy the files like from any other USB storage device
etuaz

Post by etuaz »

Don't forget to carry at least one spare battery. I was on a supported multi-day ride and the power numbers on day 4 got corrupt due to a weak battery. I had a spare battery in camp and everything worked great after I put it in, though I still had unusable data from day 4. I'll carry a spare in my saddle bag next time.
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Post by Site_Admin »

You might yet get some decent data out of some of that ride, via editing in different programs, but yeah, the overall ride might be a wash.

We've improved battery life a ton since going wireless...