Begone, waterproof tape!

Isaias

Begone, waterproof tape!

Post by Isaias »

My latest fix for a bad interference fit between the iBike computer and the stem mount has been to get rid of the tape altogether and use a thin rubber "o'ring [of sorts] that is the same circumference as the mount (ok, it's a rubber band). The rubber band is placed into the area where the iBike locks. The locks on the mount keep the rubber band in place. The rubber material supplies the interference needed to keep the iBike from rotating on the mount.

I did some preliminary testing in this configuration by doing several drops. While the bike is mounted in a trainer, I lifted the bike up by it's handlebar a few inches and dropped it. No comm was lost on several attempts. Next, I held the bike by the handlebar and bounced the front tire against the floor in rapid succession. Still, no loss of comm.

I wanted to do a road test this morning, but due to a call for freezing rain, I had to forego my bike commute to and from work.

The problem with this fix is that it may let water in between the iBike and the mount. Only time will tell.

I'll supply a picture of this fix once I've proven it on a few rides.
Site_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Begone, waterproof tape!

Post by Site_Admin »

send me a photo of this when you get a chance. Interesting.
larryt

Re: Begone, waterproof tape!

Post by larryt »

I have just used plain old electrical tape around the base to prevent the unit from twisting and it seems to work fine.