How to post ride to facebook

mkpurt

How to post ride to facebook

Post by mkpurt »

Can anyone help me understand how to post my ride results to facebook? I click the facebook icon but I don't know what to put for the posting address. Went to my facebook site and copied the file path to the posting address but no luck. Has anyone been successful? Thanks for your help. Cheers!
racerfern

Re: How to post ride to facebook

Post by racerfern »

It works for me, though I don't remember where I got the FB address. At the top it says Posting Address and I've got a series of asterisks. Below that a message and then I need to decide which picture to post.

What do you see at Posting Address since that's the limiter here?
Fernando
mkpurt

Post by mkpurt »

I don't have anything listed under the posting address. I've gone to facebook and found my address and manually typed it in. However the post button on the bottom never becomes active. Let me know if you have ideas. Thanks for your help.
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Due to several reasons, the method for posting ride files to Facebook happens via email behind the scenes. The procedure involves finding your unique post-by-email address that Facebook assigns to your account and entering it in Isaac. This is not to be confused with your facebook email address, which is a normal email address that you give to your contacts. The post-by-email address is a feature mainly used by folks who have feature phones and provides a way of sending pictures to Facebook and is something you would keep secret.

Up until recently, you could find your unique post-by-email address in the mobile settings page of your Facebook account settings; however, FB doesn't seem to be providing a way to see it now. At least I don't see it in my account. My address still works, but if I didn't already know it I don't see a way I could find out what my post-by-email address is. I see that other FB users are posting about the same problem. I have tried to get support from FB but have not heard back from them.
mkpurt

Post by mkpurt »

travis,

You nailed it. Thanks so much. I went under settings then chose the mobile phone heading. I registered my cell phone then FB displayed my "post by email address". I then typed it into my Isaac's facebook posting address link. Thanks again for your help.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

If Travis can't nail it, no one can!
Fernando
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

mkpurt wrote:You nailed it. Thanks so much. I went under settings then chose the mobile phone heading. I registered my cell phone then FB displayed my "post by email address". I then typed it into my Isaac's facebook posting address link. Thanks again for your help.
Ah, good! I didn't realize that the post-by-email address is only visible temporarily. I'll add that to the instructions.