uber windy

andrewlees

uber windy

Post by andrewlees »

Yesterday was a wildly windy day with the wind seeming to come out all directions and my power readings seemed to be really low and not making sense. There were times where everything seemed normal but there were quite a few downward spikes in power that alarmed me. Before the ride I had moved the mount to a new position and for certain during the first 8 minutes of the ride there was some abnormal activity while the Newton sorted itself out, but it was hours later that the crazy numbers kept appearing. I did do a wind cal after the adjustment. Is this normal for the Newton to be all over the place when it's super windy and gusty? When I look at my average speed plus average heart rate and then look at my average power, the power does not compute.
I've included my file if anyone cares to have a look. Thanks.
Attachments
iBike_05_12_2013_1056_87_km.ibr
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 277 times
lorduintah

Re: uber windy

Post by lorduintah »

A key comment in your message is that you moved the mount - After that , you can probably discount any results as a new Out/Back would be advised (probably required - but not when windy like you described), you could easily have changed your wind scaling and even the wind can drastically throw off your "normal" riding position - so even the CdA could be suspect.

All-in-all a bad day to move the iBike and expect rational results.

Tom