Weird goings on

KenS

Weird goings on

Post by KenS »

I received a replacement Newton under warranty the other day (thanks, Velocomp) so I straight away installed OS 4.00 and loaded up my old profile then went for a ride.
More or less as expected the first 5 minutes were a bit haywire (power too high) which I put down to needing to do the new cal ride. On return I did a Check Calibration but it said the difference was insignificant and gave a riding tilt of -0.4 vs the previous -0.2
Next day I go for another ride and the first 5 minutes are still haywire (but too low this time) and once again on return I did a Check Calibration but this time the change was significant and the riding tilt was now 5.5
Thought about loading up a new profile but decided not to just yet
So today I go out again and the first 5 minutes are haywire (too high this time) and on return I went to download the file. The file was dated 26-April but downloaded ok and Check Calibration once again showed insignificant change and an unchanged riding tilt.
Now I can sort of understand the problems with the first 5 minutes and figure I probably need to do a new cal ride.
But the date change is strange. I checked my setup and its showing the right date.
Could there be a problem with the flux capacitor? :lol:

Another strange thing. I was setting up the altitude (75 metres for my home) and as I watched it started to drift. Also when I got home and was checking the date settings to make sure I had not travelled back in time the altitude in setup was reading 118 metres.
So as well as a faulty flux capacitor there might also be a problem with the anti-gravity engine.

Anyone else noticed strange things like these?
Note: I'll try to do a cal ride in the next little while to see if that settles things down
09_05_2013_1242_iBike.ibr
First ride with new device
(326.48 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
10_05_2013_1338_iBike.ibr
Second ride with new device
(280.62 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
11_05_2013_0749_iBike.ibr
Third ride with strange date
(592.34 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
(renamed so I can find it but the internal date is 26-April)
-- Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Weird goings on

Post by Velocomp »

Whenever you receive a new Newton, you should do a calibration ride, even when you load up an old profile. This is a general principle.

Do a Cal Ride, then all should be well.
John Hamann