Unable to Open Read-only Ride (CSV) Files

gregh3285

Unable to Open Read-only Ride (CSV) Files

Post by gregh3285 »

To make sure I don't accidentally do something unintentional (and bad) to my saved ride files, I periodically mark my ride files read-only. So, now I'm trying to go back and collect data from some rides. iBike 2 for Windows (v 2.0.6) does not like to open files that are read-only. When I try to open one, I get a dialog box saying the following: "Error 8 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in iBTF read iBike csv file.vi->iBike top-level VI.vi Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file." As soon as I clear the read-only bit on the file, iBike 2 happily opens it. It kind of looks to me like the code is trying to open the ride files in R/W mode rather than read-only mode. Is it possible for the application to use the LabView "Read File" function rather than "Open/Create/Replace File" function when you're opening a file using the "Open" button?
racerfern

Re: Unable to Open Read-only Ride (CSV) Files

Post by racerfern »

I don't know about all that R/W stuff, but I keep my original unaltered iBike files in an iBike\rides folder. In another folder with dates (2008\05\0521 for example) I keep the post analysis csv files, Garmin files, whatever. If anything goes wrong, I can always go back to the original.
Fernando
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Open Read-only Ride (CSV) Files

Post by travispape »

gregh3285 wrote:To make sure I don't accidentally do something unintentional (and bad) to my saved ride files, I periodically mark my ride files read-only. So, now I'm trying to go back and collect data from some rides. iBike 2 for Windows (v 2.0.6) does not like to open files that are read-only. When I try to open one, I get a dialog box saying the following: "Error 8 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in iBTF read iBike csv file.vi->iBike top-level VI.vi Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file." As soon as I clear the read-only bit on the file, iBike 2 happily opens it. It kind of looks to me like the code is trying to open the ride files in R/W mode rather than read-only mode. Is it possible for the application to use the LabView "Read File" function rather than "Open/Create/Replace File" function when you're opening a file using the "Open" button?
A fellow LabVIEW programmer? Cool. I have been using a method similar to Fernando, but changing the files to read-only is a good idea too. I'll change the read access to read-only for the next build.

Travis